Tuesday, July 12, 2011

derby snob alert!

I have something to admit..... I'm a derby snob.  Oooooh my lanta.  Who would've thought?!  It's scary for me to think that Eric's hometown has had that much influence on me :)  But let me explain.
Saturday night as soon as I got back into town, Eric and I met up with my cousins (who are also amazzzing friends!  I love it when family means that much more to us!)  for dinner and a demolition derby.  Since we missed the 4th of July derby I was super excited for this!  Honestly, I get quite the adrenaline rush when the cars rev up and go at each other :) haha!  But this derby only had 3 rounds!  Seriously?  The derby I'm used to has 10-15 rounds of crazy small-town red-necks that put on the best show ever.  You can count on a roll over or two, some cars starting on fire, and a fist fight every now and again.  Haha!  Oooh the things that entertain us ;)  Needless to say, this snob was just not too impressed with the derby.  At least we got to spend a beautiful night with some of our favorite people in the world!

Mark my words people, someday I will be competing in the powder puff round of the derby, and you will all be invited ;)

27 comments:

Sharstin said...

Ha, you are to cute!! The derby is a good time!

= said...

looks like good times to me!! :)

Ashley said...

Glad you had fun with family! If you ever compete in a powder puff derby I definitely want an invite. ;)

The Terry's said...

lol cute! hope it was fun, i still have yet to go to derby.

Laura said...

ha ha, well...when you are used to it one way a different way is just wrong! :)

mia said...

I've never been to a derby before.. I'll have to come and see yours! :)

Haley said...

hahaha! that is stellar! i've never been to a demolition derby...someday i will!! and how awesome that you want to be in a powder puff round! you go courtney! :)

Shay said...

Oh my gosh, powderpuff? You are adorable- that cracks me up. I REALLY want to go to a demo derby!

P! said...

Okay, first and foremost, look at how long and beautiful your hair is- wow! Secondly, I love that a sweet and beautiful lady like you loves the destructive, dangerous derby haha! Way to throw us for a loop! Looks like you had a lot of fun, despite its lacking in rounds. :)

Vivian said...

OK let me know when you do because I want to come :)

oomph. said...

powder puff derby? i'm in, too! i love this kind of stuff! nice picture of you guys!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Suget said...

That sounds and looks like fun. I really really want to go to a Nascar race one day...maybe this fall. Who knows? haha lovely photos!

Anonymous said...

those photos are crazy cool. and you'd make a very pretty powder puff player ;)

xo, lizzie

Jessica said...

Haha when I first saw the title of your post I was thinking horses and big hats ;) Looks like so much fun!

Alexis Kaye said...

dang girl! I have always wanted to go to one of those things!

fabulousamy said...

That will be sooo cool to watch you in a derby. I am excited for that big time:)

Lauren said...

Looks like lots of fun! :) I've always wanted to go! :)

Tatiana said...

It does look like a lot of fun! AND I think you would totally rock the house!

No Place Like Home said...

cute blog. thats so awesome your into derby. looks SO fun!!!!

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

Haha this is hilarious! I don't know if it is the same thing or how much different but my husband and I went to a Monster Truck Rally with a bunch of friends in Salt Lake a year or so ago and it was pretty fun! I also had a boyfriend in high school who took me to Motocross events lol. FUN stuff girl! :)

Ashley Sloan

Raven said...

love it. love to know that you really do actually have a flaw :) being a snob sometimes ain't THAT bad :)

you were so cute in the last pic! DO THE POWDER PUFF derby! OMG that will be classic :)

Rachel said...

Scary! What a fun way to spend a summer evening! Small towns are the best, with the best people.

Sweet Lily said...

Wow! Fantastic!

Savannah said...

haha I love this! You are too cute!
I totally want to go to your powder puff derby when you do it :)

tifsong said...

haha.
fantastic.

Kristen Thornburg said...

Looks like fun!! :)

Chelsea said...

You are SO cute. Really. You two make such a beautiful couple. I love reading about the fun things you do togeza. It gives me ideas.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!