Tuesday, January 24, 2012

fear and faith



Even though I know this is SO true, it's still incredibly hard for me to accept sometimes. I feel like this move came at the worst possible time. School started over a week ago for Eric and it's his last semester, he'd only been young men's president for 6 months, we were locked into our lease until September, he had a secure job, I have been so busy with hair, etc. I can go on and on with all of these ridiculous excuses, but the biggest deal for me is that I'm happy living here. Sure I hate the snow, but there's snow where we are moving so I don't get to escape it. I LOVE my friends here! In fact, my friend's little boy was so upset when he realized we're moving the day of his basketball game so we won't even be able to go watch him play! How sweet is that? He melted my heart and made me cry at the same time :) Anyway, I've feared the unknown. I'm scared to start over! Why now? How is it all going to work out?



The Lord knows better than me, and He knows what is best for me. It is crazy how everything has fallen right in place to make this move possible. In the first week of making our decision to take the job offer, we found a place to rent (a town home with a 2 car garage and no loud upstairs neighbors, woo woo! I'll share pictures of our place once we're settled in), transferred schools for Eric (which was a total pain, but we figured it out), worked it out with my salon to work part time each week, instead of leaving Eric for a whole week (since we'll only be 40 minutes away), refinanced the truck and went from a 10.9 to a 2.9 interest rate (that really has nothing to do with the move, but we were getting screwed with the interest rate), and started packing. The second week we got our contract taken over (this was the biggest stress for me, paying double rent was NOT an appealing idea), worked out the rest of the details of our move, and packed. 
I am shocked at how smoothly everything has worked out. But we are truly blessed to have this amazing work opportunity for Eric. Even though it's a little scary, it's time I trust that the Lord is leading us down a path that will better our lives in ways I never could have imagined.

31 comments:

paislea said...

thanks for visiting my blog! i hope to see you back again, soon!

allister bee blog

katie carlin said...

this is a great post i am so glad i found your blog via things that sparkle

xx  Katie Carlin-Daily Crush

Natalie said...

I know what you mean about the transfer thing. I've done my fair share of that, and I agree 100%: Big Pain. Will be praying for two as you make this transition.

Dad said...

That's my girl. I'm very proud of you. Love, Dad

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

I'm so happy that you were able to find some good in this hard time. Keep your beautiful head held high and smile, and everything will fall into place.

Ashley said...

I am glad things are falling together! Have faith that this is what you are meant to do and where you are meant to be!

Lauren said...

Good luck with your move,I'm sure it'll bring many positives to your life :-)

Leslee said...

Thanks for Sharing and reminding me to have Fait in His time. I've been having a hard time with just rolling with the punches and letting change be a Good thing. Or just plain enjoying where I'm at and stop wishing for the changes that are in the future. Hope everything continues to go smoothly for you. Wishing you luck!

Pamela said...

See everything is falling in place perfectly ;) You're a beautiful, strong girl! Woo woo, tomorrow is your birthdayyyy!! Wish I was there to celebrate :) Sounds like we are best friends or something, ha! :)

The Presutti's said...

Thanks for sharing that quote. It is so true about God's timing and having faith in it. He loves us so much and he wouldn't do anything to hurt us. He has much bigger and better plans for us. I am so happy for you sweet girl :)

m&msmommy said...

I'm so happy to read that things are falling into place. I'm continuing to pray! :) AND a townhouse with a garage!??!?!?!?!?! YAY!!!!!! :)

Erin said...

It's always a nice reminder to know God is always there :)

memory said...

i love that you look on the bright side of things and that you're trusting God will work it all out. (:

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Laynah said...

The Lord definitely knows you better than you do. I am constantly amazed at the things that happen in my life that prove to me over and over again that God has an individual, DETAILED plan for our lives. You can't go wrong if you cling to him.

Don't stress, just trust!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

I have never been religious until I had a baby. Now I find myself thinking about faith all the time.
www.thegirlieblog.com

Cory and Kylee said...

I need to print that out and put it on my wall so i can read it everyday! we are going to be in stgeorge i hope this weekend! let me know if you guys want to meet up! You are strong and it sounds like things are working out!:) I am happy for you!

Alexis Kaye said...

That's so great and so scary! I always have mixed emotions! I think about the new people I'll meet and how fun it is to set up a new house and decorate and make new friends and find new places to eat and all that. But then again it's so sad to leave your friends and so stressful! Best of luck with everything! It sounds like you have hope, which is most important :)

... said...

It's so crazy how things come together like this to allow God's plans to unfold :)

MonicaLeeBlog said...

i have that EXACT picture "faith in God includes faith in His timing" framed in my apartment! So happy God is doing amazing things in your life, continue to lean on Him through all your trials girl!

<3 Monica

Bree said...

I'm so glad everythign is working out! It's so crazy how everythign does when you are following the Lord's plan for you, even if you are scared and don't want to do it! ha.

Ashley said...

Yay for everything falling into place! I'm totally a worrier too.... I've been working on it though. God has amazing plans for us all.... and His timing is perfect. (:

Can't wait to see your new place. How exciting! Not having upstairs neighbors would be awesome.

Shannon Marie said...

The crazy thing that we often forget is that God is SO much bigger and stronger than any of our troubles. I'll be praying for you! xo

Allison said...

Glad things have fallen into place for you. It is so comforting to know God is able to work out all the details!

Holly said...

I'm glad everything worked out for your move!! :)

The Stylers said...

I have that first quote sitting on my entry table! I have to look at it often!! It is so hard to have faith in his timing, but we all got to! :) Your so strong, you got this! :)

kyna... said...

Awe sweetie...I know change is hard and can be very unsettling. I, myself, hate change. It stresses me out beyond belief! But I know that in the long run it builds character! I know I mentioned this before, but if Eric will be in a happier place, it will be so much better for both of you in the long run. My hubby was in a really bad place in his career almost all of last year, and he took a giant leap of faith that scared the crap out of me, but you know what, it worked out SO well (we were able to buy a new car and go to Mexico), plus he is SOOOO much happier which makes him able to be a better husband and a better dad. Now, I know the change didn't involve us moving away from our friends, so I sympathize with that, but I'm telling you hon, it will be so much better for you guys as a couple! :-)

Keep your chin up and keep that beautiful smile on your face!

♥ Kyna

jessica said...

Wow, sounds like you all are going through some really tough changes! I think it is awesome that you are able to turn it to God and trust in him, though. It's kind of like anytime you feel the need to ask "But, why?" He responds with "Because I Am God." And you kind find peace in that reminder that He has it all under control. Such a beautiful post! I wish you all the best in your changes! :)

Leah said...

I am so happy for you and all that God is doing in your lives right now. We are looking for a place and I really don't know if I can handle living in an apartment building. Thanks for sharing!

xo L.

Shay said...

It is so true that Heavenly Father only gives you what he knows you can handle. He knew you were going to have a hard time with the move so he made sure everything else fell into place, I just know it!

navy and orange said...

love that first one. So true!

xoxo navy & orange

Katie said...

i love that quote - letting your faith be bigger than your fear. I've "pinned" that too.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!