Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

Check out all that candy!
You can't go without the deep fried goodness at these shin digs!
He loves baby!
My personal favorite from the parade...
Want to know why? I'll remind you...
Same precious mini horse that we love :) Read about that here.

Okay, back to the 4th!
Eric had to work until 8pm and we were both so bummed! Being a grown up is lame sometimes.
We look forward to celebrating the 4th of July at Eric's hometown each year because they go all out (and are sorta redneck, which makes it even better!) When it comes to 10 cent hot dog day and the 4th, this town has got it down :) So even though Eric had to work, I decided to go spend the day with my in laws and have some fun!
They start the day with jets from a nearby (like 3 hours away, ha) air force base flying over main street to start the parade! I've never seen a town be so generous with their candy! I ended up holding my nephews candy bag because it was "too heavy for him" :) After the parade the whole town heads over to the park where there are fun activities for the kids, plenty of junk food, and friends to catch up with! People will stay at the park all day long, but we always go home and have an amazing family bbq!
The best part of the day is the demolition derby! This is where the redneck kicks in.... the people in this town are crazy! But that makes for the best demolition derby EVER! I didn't get to watch it this year because I went home to spend the evening with Eric. We watched the fireworks together then went to bed. But the whole time we were super bummed we weren't at the derby. The sounds of the engines get the adrenaline pumping and for some weird reason, you feel extremely proud to be an American as you watch the cars smash into each other :) The derby is over 4 hours long with an amazing firework show in the middle of it! We definitely missed out this year.... but next year? I'll have plenty of pictures to show just how awesome it really is! :)
I am truly grateful to be living in this country. I can't thank the brave men and women (and the families) that fight for our freedom daily! And I am so lucky I get to celebrate Independence Day with so many loved ones!
I'm blessed to be an American!

27 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

That mini horse's face is killing me. And I want some of that candy, tell them they have enough to send some my way!

Allison said...

That stinks your husband had to work, but at least you got to watch the fireworks together! And I love watching a demolition derby especially where it's particularly redneck! Haha.

Erin said...

Boo for Eric having to work! :( Glad you guys still had your evening together and watched the fireworks! I actually didn't see a SINGLE firework this year... I feel so un-American!! LOL

Freya Lily said...

There's something about rednecks that just scream America! haha sounds like a really great day!!

Natalie said...

My hubster had to work too but we spent time together after! Looks like you had a great day anyway though :)

Amanda English said...

Redneck! LOL Where do you live? =) xoxo A-

Chrissy + Nate said...

Looks like you had a great day! Bummer that Eric had to work. Nate almost went into his office but I convinced him otherwise, haha!

Cara said...

OMG the picture of you guys and this horse- I die. How hilarious.

from head 2 toe said...

HAHA Derek's small town does a huge Pioneer 3 day event..how Mormon do you get?! But it sounds similar..little parade, park concert with swimming pool, rodeo, demo derby, amazing food. Sounds like you had the best of both worlds! A fun morning and evening!

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

You know how I feel about that horse, it's horrifying, it's scary, that face, I hate that horse.

Katie Did What said...

looks like you had a great 4th! and 10 cent hot dogs?! okay, i need to go there.

Kelsey Keller Weller said...

That first picture is awesome!

Liesl said...

What FUN and such cuties all around...I'm jealous of your 4th! :) Oh and your hair is beautiful! <3

Also, thank you so much for such a nice comment on my recent blog post! I really am loving NYC, life and my job right now...we must meet up if you and Eric ever find yourself in the Big Apple! :)

twiggy@thedirtlife said...

i ate enough fried goodness to ruin my thighs.

that's right, they are ruined.

Samantha said...

That last picture was a hoot! Glad you had fun on the 4th :)

Courtney Cakes said...

This makes me miss living in a small town...

We don't have cute parades like this in Phoenix.

Lin said...

What a fun day! I wish I would've done something yesterday instead of staying home & watching Criminal Minds haha. I'm pretty jealous of those 10 cent hot dog days too cause I love me some hot dogs.

Pamela said...

umm next year you will have a little youngen to take with you!! ;) Had to stick with the country theme you had going on :) It sounds like such a fun & close town!! Hate that Eric had to go but glad you had fun!!

That Girl said...

I definitely need to start heading out to the Parade here next year.

Alexis Kaye said...

I am 99% sure my parents were at that same parade!! I love Utah $th of July parades!!! I spent a lot of my childhood going to those :)

Tiffany said...

What a fun day. And that face on the mini horse...hilarious!!

Unknown said...

okay i need to come to this town and spend every holiday! i love small towns and the the fun things they do!! what town is this anyway? hahaha

we didn't do anything for the 4th really. i did catch a fireworks show on tv. hahaha i am lame.

chantal marie said...

that horse pick is hilarious! glad you had a good time!

RedTagChicLosAngeles said...

Love these happy amazing pictures!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Unknown said...

Cute pictures... and now you have me craving for candy!

Faith said...

looks like such a fabulous 4th!

and i am loving the mini-horse! look at those teeth, hehe.

Erin James said...

Looks like an awesome 4th! :)
I LOVE that mini horse. and it's cute face??!?!!! so adorable.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!