Sunday, August 26, 2012

once upon a time...

Eric made dinner the other night, took pictures of the food, then told me I better blog about it! How could I say no when he went to all that effort? I mean... he took pictures of the food! I usually get in big trouble for delaying his food from entering his mouth because I "need" to take pictures for the blog ;) So here's a very short story about how the best husband in the world is also the best cook!

Once upon a time Eric asked me to pin a recipe he found online. (Eric loves that I use Pinterest for recipes... he learned very quickly that his taste buds benefit big time from that site. Now he tries to get all the guy's he works with to have their wives get a pinterest account as well, ha ha!) The recipe claimed to create the fluffiest pancakes ever, and Eric was going to give it a try! After a long day of handy man work and shopping, Eric let me put my feet up and rest while he made dinner! (Have I mentioned that he's the best husband ever?) When dinner was ready he called me into the dining room and had this waiting for me...

Can you tell this picture was taken by a man? Plop the toppings on and snap a picture :)

This pancake was bigger than my head! That thing takes up a full sized dinner plate... Eric made the caramel banana sauce that was also included in the recipe, and homemade whipped cream. Am I spoiled or what? 


We agreed that the recipe wasn't lying, definitely the fluffiest (and thickest) pancakes ever! We could hardly move by the time we were finished eating (actually, we could hardly move for the rest of the night) because we were so full. And clean up was quite the chore. Eric had to use soooo many dishes to make these pancakes, but we decided it was all worth it! The end.

p.s. Recipe found here.

34 comments:

Michelle said...

Awww that's so nice of him! And that looks super tasty.

Faith said...

What a sweet hubby! I love that he took pictures of it and asked you to blog about it! My husband has done that too and it was such a surprise that he actually took pictures for me to blog about it, lol.

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

Yum, yum, yum! I'm definitely going to be making this next weekend. Caramel is my absolute favorite.

Ashley said...

That is impressive, way to go Eric! Those toppings look amazing... and now my mouth is watering.

Chrissy + Nate said...

That looks divine, yum!!!

Jenna said...

Wow! That is quite the man you have, there! I hope you can see how rare and precious it is to have your husband not only cook for you but WANT to cook for you...all on his own while you put your feet up. Also...to TAKE PICTURES AND ASK YOU TO BLOG ABOUT IT?!?! Wow! I'm jealous, a bit!

The extent of my husband cooking for me has been Velveeta shells & cheese or frozen pizza. Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining...I'll take what I can get from him! ;)

RadiantKristen said...

That looks so, so good! And it cracks me up that he has YOU pin stuff instead of getting pinterest for himself, and pinning stuff he likes =).

Allison said...

Aw how thoughtful! There is nothing better than when your husband cooks for you! And it looks like he did a fabulous job. YUM!

Katrin said...

It is so awesome that Eric cooks for you! :)
I still don't have a Pinterest account. I might have to change that someday! :)

Jane said...

Omg lady this looks SO good! We keep saying we want to do breakfast for dinner one night. I think we will be making these soon!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Shut UP! Yes, my sweet friend, you ARE spoiled. ;) But it is FOR sure well deserved. Because while he is cooking up delightful dishes, you are cooking a precious little bun in the oven. HA! I'm such a dork. You guys make me smile. Hooray for LOVE and head sized pancakes. :) xoxoxo

Nicole said...

So sweet of him!

Alyx said...

Pahahaha, I love this story.
Your husband is awesome.

Carlie said...

Now that is awesome! Go Eric! I will have to try this recipe because we like breakfast for dinner around these parts!

Brittany said...

Yummmmmmm!! What a sweet hubby you have!

Amber said...

best.husband.ever.

Mikelle Jade said...

oh how funny! Sounds like he liking the blogging world! My husband only waits (impatiently) while I take pictures of the food... he would never take them himself!

Evelien said...

it looks amazing!! Great job for your hubby, I wish mine would make me something like that someday haha!

Brooklyn said...

sounds like he's a keeper :) and now i'm hungry for a second breakfast!

Cindy P said...

Those are giant pancakes!! It looks delicious!!

Collin is the pancake maker in our house! I sometimes help make the batter but he is so good at cooking them I don't even try. =)

Liz said...

He's awesome!!! I'm saving that recipe!!!

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Thanks for making me STARVING while I'm on a diet.

Julie said...

Keith could use every dish imaginable in my kitchen if he would only cook once in awhile!!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

hahahaha that is too funny! I think its hilarious when people get grumpy when they are hungry!!! But I don't blame them and Eric. I would love for some of that food to be in and around my mouth RIGHT NOW!!!

Ashley said...

Yummm.myyy! Just what baby girl wanted I'm sure!

That Girl said...

Your pancake has a mustache!

kyna... said...

OMG, that looks heavenly!! I bet baby girl thoroughly enjoyed it too!
♥ Kyna

Antoinette Musik said...

They look absolutely delish and I'm craving Erics pancakes now!!!

Ashley said...

Wow! Totally impressed! Right up my hubbys alley. He loves to bake. He is much better than I am so I go with it. :)

Pamela said...

He is too funny!! He did a great job!! They look SO good!

Megan said...

What a sweetie!!!! They look so delicious, even on the computer. YUM!

Chelsea said...

He's a keeper! Looks yummy!!!

Alexis Kaye said...

looks sooooooooo yummy! Good job Eric!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I bet they tasted sooo good!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!