Sunday, September 23, 2012

27 weeks {a week late}

picture taken at 27 weeks 5 days

- I'm actually 28 weeks today! I can't believe how quickly week 27 flew by. I didn't even have a chance to take a good picture and blog about it. But it's a good thing that time is flying by, right?

- I was out of town every single day last week (and I'm going to be out of town for the next 2 weeks, ah!). After long car rides and even longer days of being on me feet (I promise I wore tennis shoes for most of the week) I experienced not being able to walk for the first time this pregnancy. My hips just wouldn't work one night... worst pain ever!

- My doctor told me I'm measuring small, or that I'm "hiding" the belly well. I think he hurried and corrected his words so that I wouldn't worry. We definitely aren't wrong about the due date. As huge as I feel, I'm grateful I'm not any bigger yet. I don't want to experience many more nights of not being able to walk, ha ha.

- Baby girl was supposed to be the size of a head of cauliflower during week 27!

- I got whistled at from behind. Way to make a pregnant girl feel good about herself! Too bad I didn't turn around in time to see their reaction to my baby bump :)

- I was woken up at 1am one night to Eric and baby girl playing a game together. He'd jab my tummy and she'd kick the exact spot he poked. He had her chasing his pokes all over my belly and was laughing the whole time. It would've been much cuter had it been 1pm.... not am :)

- Baby girl has definitely discovered my bladder! It's the weirdest sensation to be standing/sitting and suddenly almost pee my pants with no warning at all. She's very strategic with the positioning of her kicks sometimes :) She'll definitely be grounded when she's born if she ever kicks hard enough to make me pee a little, ha ha.

- I haven't had an specific cravings these past couple weeks. I definitely know when I don't want to eat something... but other than that? I love all foods just the same. 

- I still find myself on my back when I wake up through the night of in the morning. I really hope that's not a problem because I don't know what to do about that!

- I still squeeze into my normal pants and want to kick myself every time I do! But I only bought long maternity pants and it's still too warm to wear those. I just need to start wearing dresses everyday until the weather cools enough for my jeans!

- We are getting super excited to meet our baby girl. She's going to be here before we know it!

22 comments:

Joeylee said...

Hello 3rd trimester. You look great and don't worry, I measured small with Keira and this pregnancy and nothing was wrong. I just had an u/s done to make sure she was growing right and she is fine. My dr said the same thing I just hide them well.

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, can't believe you're in the 3rd trimester already! Glad to hear it's going fast for you too ;) You are just the cutest-- hope you keep feeling pretty good, other than peeing all the time, hehe!!

The Presutti's said...

You look great!!!

Pamela said...

She's going to be a little soccer player ;) hs cute picture!

Brittany said...

You look amazing, Courtney!! I hear you on the bladder bouncing...such a weird feeling!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

heheheh the peeing part!!! Ohhhh wait for the unexpected fart... IN PUBLIC!!! Luckily mine weren't loud or silent killers but just enough noise to make me blush!! But maybe you'll be lucky and never have to go through that!

I love that she would kick back where you guys would poke! So cute!! Do you guys have names picked out? If so are you planning on sharing them? You don't have to say anything I am just curious what other couples do.

Lindsay said...

You look great!

Ugh, when I was like 34-ish weeks, I totally peed on the chair in the OB waiting room when my baby kicked too hard unexpectedly! Haha. So embarrassing! Luckily it was at a place where most people in the lobby understood and sympathized, haha.

Do you have a body pillow? I had the "Snoogle" and it was great in keeping me in the same position until morning. Loved that thing. My husband, on the other hand, couldn't throw it out fast enough once baby was born, haha.

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

you are adorable. I feel like your pregnancy is flying by. Sucks you are feeling uncomfortable.. but I'm sure you'll end up with a happy healthy baby. I promise, that makes it all worth it:) xo

Julie said...

Wow lucky lady look at you, all glowing :)

Jessie said...

You look awesome! Hellooo 3rd trimester! I always woke up on my back too during both of my pregnancies. I did some reading and it reassured me that it is OKAY. Really.

livlovelaugh said...

cute picture~ I hope i have the sanity to log my pregnancy when it happens~

-liv
http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

tifsong said...

she's gonna be really cute! :)

Chelsea said...

Just have to say that your hair looks so adorable!

That Girl said...

I think most pregnant women feel bigger than they look. First because they're the ones carrying around the extra weight, but also because most people don't see you naked!

dlpower said...

How fun! I am hoping time starts to pass more quickly. It seems like i am just 2.5 weeks behind you. Fun! I love reading your updates as it helps me know what to look forward to. The hip/bone pain is the worst. I started getting it pretty badly around 21 weeks. I know it's no fun! Hope you're feeling better today!

Alyx said...

You look great, Courtney!! I think you deifnitely are hiding your belly well - I have a coworker who's 24 weeks along, and her belly is a lot bigger! I think we're all different, though, and it shouldn't matter as long as baby is healthy!!

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I love that belly of yours, you know this.

Mine is still bigger.

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

YOU ARE ADORABLE.
Hope all is well.
xoxo,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream

Ashley said...

I can't believe you're 28 weeks already!!!!!!

You have the cutest bump. I can't wait to see this sweet little baby!!!

Do you have a name?

Alicia Marie said...

Sounds like you're doing great! But be careful about the pants being tight, if it's uncomfortable for you it's probably the same for her. Maybe try one of those bands to keep your waist open but still be in your regular pants until the weather cools down. :)

Janna Renee said...

Haha Eric's game sounds so fun, but yes...1pm would be a much more appropriate time. I love that you got whistled at. That's awesome!

Alexis Kaye said...

haha bladder kicks are the weirdest feeling!!!! And about sleeping on your back, my doctor says that's totally fine. Different doctors have different opinions. But either way, I think baby girl/your body will let you know if there's a problem. :)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!