Sunday, September 16, 2012

date night

Soooo, this picture was taken after dinner. I'm not only housing our baby girl in my body, but a food baby as well :)

Sometimes it's completely necessary to spend a special night together! Whether we have something specific to celebrate, or just to remember that we are super in love (ha!) and that our solo date nights are about to come to an end.
So when Eric told me to get dressed up so he could take me on a date, I couldn't say no! I even braved the new maternity pencil skirt from H&M which was kinda scary for me considering I don't have a waist anymore, ha ha. 
He took me up the canyon and we ate at a restaurant we've been wanting to try ever since moving here and we loved it! Then we took a short drive up the canyon and just enjoyed each others company. It was so rejuvenating and just what we needed!
We got home around 8:30 and by the time I finished my night routine and crawled into bed... I'm pretty sure I was asleep by 9 :) My excuse is that I was almost 27 weeks and I had a lame head cold. But hey! Even though bedtime rolled around a little earlier than normal.... I'm so glad we took the time to share a special evening together!

19 comments:

Brittany said...

That food looks AMAZiNG and so do you!! You are glowing, little momma!

Pamela said...

I am just so happy for you two :)

Deveny said...

Hot mama! I love your shirt too - I'm a sucker with anything that has lace on it.

YES - get as much date nights in as you can before it's 3 instead of 2. :)

Alyx said...

love that cute skirt!! Glad you guys got to spend some quality time together!!

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

Date nights are the best!! You look fabulous!

Heather Marie said...

You're rockin' that skirt!

Katrin said...

Glad you had such a great time! And I totally agree, date nights are important! And you look so fabulous!!

Chelsea said...

Ahhh what a sweet post! I love your date posts!

Dee Stephens said...

You look GREAT!

Amanda English said...

I didn't know H&M made maternity clothes! It looks great! I love fancy smancy date nights! Now please have Eric email my husband and have that conversation with him. Thanks! lol xoxo

from head 2 toe said...

Those are the best! Cherish these baby-less date nights! I'm excited to see my Derek in 2.5 weeks so we can FINALLY have a date. Missing him like crazy!

Katie Did What said...

That food looks DELICIOUS! And get allll the sleep you can now, girl!

Tiff For Tat said...

Cheers for date nights, and you are preggers, your one time to get away with eating anything you want!! (I am scared to think about what a piggy I will be when I am preggers!) You look fantastic!!!

RadiantKristen said...

That outfit looks amazing on you! I had no idea that H&M has a maternity line I'll have to keep that in mind for when I'm pregnant someday =).

I'm really shocked whenever date night lasts beyond 8:00 anymore. I'm getting old!

Liesl said...

Awww, love a date night, and how cute you both look! I too am glad you took the time to share the evening together...you both deserve it! <3

Unknown said...

What a beautiful couple you make!:) so glad you got to go on such a nice date. I believe even after baby it's so important to go on a weekly date, even just for an hour. It has helped us so much:)
That food looks amazing, and you re one gorgeous, glowing mama!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

I love your outfit!! And I agree as a couple you really need date nights. Time to just spend with one another and forget about the stresses and pulls of the day. That dinner looked good too! I LOVE FOOD, and I think it is so essential to our lives... it makes us happy, it makes us feel better, its social, we need it to be alive!!! haahah Food plays such an important role in our lives! So I am there with you in housing a food baby hahahaha!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Cute outfit! You're looking great!

Lauren said...

You look FABULOUS! :) Love special date nights!

xo

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!