Thursday, January 10, 2013

2012 in review

2012 was the BEST year of my life, and also one of the hardest years of my life! Eric and I experienced so much change, so much growth and so much love. We moved to a new little town that we hated for his "dream job". Then his dream job turned out to be everything BUT his dream job, if that makes sense :) We found out we were expecting our first baby! We played hard, worked hard and even cried hard at times. My attitude wasn't always the best in 2012, which made the hard times harder. But I've learned from my mistakes and hopefully am a better person because of it. I will never forget 2012 and how it changed my life!

January
  • Eric got a job offer and we made the decision to move. {I was heart broken! But there was no question about supporting my husband. And we have grown closer because of this move!}
  • Eric and I received our concealed weapons permits. {We all know how Eric loves his guns, ha! And I have yet to get a pink gun, but it's gonna happen!}
  • We went sledding with my family. It was my first time ever and I LOVED it. Wish we were doing it again this year... but next year Mia will be old enough to go play in the snow and it will be SO fun!
  • We celebrated my 24th birthday {which was moving day so I was more than a little depressed, ha!}
February
  • We finished moving across the state and got settled in our new home.
  • I babysat 5 boys for a week {and shared the most ridiculous story about poop here :)}
  • We celebrated Valentines day.
  • We went to Vegas with friends.
  • We had a snowy weekend getaway with my family.
March
  • We trio adjust to our new life. Eric had a much better attitude about it than I did :)
  • I made a visit up north because I missed everyone so badly.
  • I shared a secret... our dream pet :)
April
  • I shared a super embarrassing story about toilet paper...
  • I found out I was pregnant ON Eric's birthday. Best birthday surprise ever :)
  • We celebrated Eric's 26th birthday.
  • We went to Arizona to visit my best friend and went to my first real MLB game.
  • Eric finished school... woo hoo!!
May
  • Eric and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary!
  • We spent a week in Maui!
  • We spent the rest of the month telling our family and friends our amazing news... baby on the way!
June
  • We started to make friends in this crappy town! Definitely made life easier for me :)
  • We had an amusement park vacation with Eric's family!
  •  Hiked Angels Landing with some amazing bloggers  friends.
July
  •  Nothing too exciting happened this month as far as traveling goes. We visited family but other than that? We pretty much just stayed at home, roasting away under the summer sun.
  • I progressed in my pregnancy, felt movement for the first time, and found out we were having a GIRL!
August
  • Life was really boring, but busy! This month pretty much consisted of working and getting ready for baby!
 September
  • Eric and I finally went camping for the first time together! I LOVED it even though I was pregnant :)
  • We went to Vegas for the weekend and I had a surprise waiting for Eric... best I've ever been able to surprise him!
October
  • I babysat kids for 2 weeks while their parents were in Europe. It was probably easier babysitting these kids than taking care of my own home... they were amazing and did everything for me since I was so pregnant :)
  • The leaves started to change and fall was finally in the air! I'd been anxiously awaiting the season change because it meant I was that much closer to meeting my baby girl!
  • I had my baby showers. We were so incredibly blessed by our family and friends.
  • Eric surprised me for the first time ever! {I knew when he was proposing because he gets so excited he gives the surprise away, ha ha!}
November
  •  Nothing much to report for this month. We just worked a lot and I anxiously awaited the arrival of our baby girl. BUT she didn't come early :)
  • We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Brinkerhoff's. 26 pies.... that's all I have to say about that!
December
534258_448452051870914_19739533_n
  • We became parents to a perfect baby girl!!
  • Eric had to work Christmas day {SUPER lame} but my family stayed with my house and we celebrated a wonderful day!
  • Eric and I spent the rest of the month making the biggest adjustment of our lives... figuring out how to be parents :)
 Like I said... 2012 was an amazing year for us! The best part of the year was obviously becoming a mommy :) I love my little family SO much and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us!

19 comments:

kyna... said...

Loved this post! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
♥ Kyna

Pamela said...

AWWW! Love yall!! Such a sweet family!!! Ohh, & I went back to your concealed weapon post just now. B totally got me the middle pink gun for Christmas! Funny, I didn't even remember you posting about it!!

Amanda said...

very fun post! :) she is so so precious!! I hope 2013 is just as wonderful for you!! XO

Hannah/ Mommarazzi said...

Yay for a good year & I'm sure the best is yet to come. love all the hospital/delivery photos btw :)

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Such a cool way to review your year! Sounds like 2012 was amazing, & it can only get better with baby Mia! :)

Evelien said...

Sigh... Your year was so amazing! Everytime I read your blog I long for my own baby hahaha :)

K said...

Sounds like you guys had a great year!!!

Julie said...

Can't wait to read you into 2013 :)

Liz said...

What a great year :)

Unknown said...

this was like the perfect review. loved it!

Anonymous said...

i love this!!!! she is such a doll!!!

Shay said...

I am so with you, Court- 2012 was the BEST! And so similar in some ways to yours (with dealing with a move, new baby and all:)) I have loved following this year!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Yay for 2012!!!

Lara Neves said...

2012 was indeed a wonderful year for you! Your baby is gorgeous--Congratulations! :)

I know how you feel--my husband and I have done interstate moves three times now, and EVERY SINGLE ONE has been on my birthday. (They usually required multiple days' driving, but still!)

Antoinette said...

What an amazing year. Mia is absolutely gorgeous just like her mama.

annton said...

I've totally missed that, congratulations to you and welcome to this life, little girl!

Janna Renee said...

Sounds like the perfect year to me!! I love the pictures y'all got done!

Marli said...

What a great year!! And what sweet, adorable pictures of your little family! :)

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

What an amazing year for you guys!! I can't wait to see what 2013 brings you both and little Mia!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!