Sunday, January 20, 2013

weekend review

Eric and I went on our first date minus Mia on Saturday!! My parents couldn't wait to kick us out the door so that they could have their granddaughter all to themselves :) I knew I'd miss Mia, but I was excited to have some time alone with my man. Of course I had to get a picture of us just before we headed out...
015
And then I had to get a picture of Mia, who is totally mesmerized with her daddy in this picture. As soon as he started talking to her she focused on him and gave him a little smile :)
017
And then I had to get a picture of our little family because I love them so much! And I was already missing Mia.... ha ha!
020
Eric took me out for an early birthday dinner (I'm really hoping for special birthday treatment ALL week... ha ha!) to Red Lobster. I always love that place, but I couldn't really eat there while I was pregnant so I was way excited to eat there again. I may have eaten 6 of those ridiculously addicting cheesy biscuits in like 2 seconds :) And then my sweet husband took me shopping. He kept telling the employees in each store that he was trying to get me excited about shopping and new clothes again :) He really is the best and I'm so grateful he cares so much! I actually bought a pair of jeans, normal jeans. I can't remember the last time I did that! Yay, for packing up the maternity clothes and wearing my stuff again!
Other than our solo date night, our weekend has been very low key. But I guess that's how life goes when you're still adjusting to being parents! I can't wait for more adventures and to show Mia everything we love!

21 comments:

Madeline said...

congrats for fitting in your old clothes already! It took me way longer than that to get back. Glad you're adjusting to mother hood so well :)

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

So so cute! What a thoughtful husband to spend date night taking care of you and being focused on you. And Mia's little smile is so cute.

Meesh said...

I love your posts! You are just so sweet! :)
-Meesh :)

Laynah said...

Gosh you guys are so dang cute. I can't believe he told everyone that, how sweet.

Alyx said...

Happy Birthday week!!!

Love your cute little family picture!! :)

Allison said...

I'm so glad you two got out for a little date night. Happy Birthday week girl!

Hilary said...

Awww, sweet! Happy Birthday week! :-)

Julie said...

I bet you do get bday stuff all week :)

from head 2 toe said...

You look amazing!!! happy birthday!

Shay said...

You really do look so great! I remember that first date out alone after having baby- I missed Brody! It just isn't the same without him anymore;) cutest family!

Miranda said...

darling family! happy birthday to you!!

kyna... said...

Ah, I remember this from last year...we have birthdays right around the same time!! Enjoy your week of celebration!
♥ Kyna

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay for getting out for alone time! Those cheesy biscuits are soooo addicting!

Dee Stephens said...

You're back into all your old clothes?
WOW! I'm in some but not all of them yet.
I did pack up the maternity ones though!

Heather said...

Such a cute little family :). Happy Birthday!

Kendra L. said...

I'm always super impressed when I see brand new moms out and about. Maybe my memory is a little jacked, but at this point I feel like I was still wearing my own set of diapers and didn't leave the house until all of THAT stopped. Haha. It's healthy to have a date night every now and then, so good for you!

Rissi said...

Your family is SO sweet, Courtney. :)

Antoinette Musik said...

Such a beautiful family, you're so blessed. xxx

gayle said...

Happy early birthday, and congrats on going on a date together. :)

xoxo,
Gayle | Grace for Gayle

RadiantKristen said...

Mira looks so content and peaceful! And a date night of dinner and shopping sounds perfect. Glad the two of you got some adult time

Janna Renee said...

Aaagghh I love those cheesy biscuits!! I made a packaged copy of those, but they were not the same. Haha.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!