Friday, February 15, 2013

five years ago...


... Eric couldn't contain his excitement. He kept dropping hints of what was to come that evening.



... I remember getting my nails done, curling my hair just how he liked it, and dressing up in my favorite outfit. I had to look perfect for one of the most special and memorable days of my life!



... I was popping batteries in the camera on the drive, which made Eric a nervous wreck. But then I left the camera in the car {fail}, which made Eric relax a bit.



... Eric took me back to where we had our first date. He told me how much he loved me, got down on one knee and PROPOSED!! Even though I saw it coming, there was no way to prepare me for the emotions I felt that night. I couldn't believe this guy, my perfect guy, wanted me for eternity!! 5 years ago today, Eric asked me to be his wife... and obviously I said YES ;)

22 comments:

Julie said...

Yay for anniversaries!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

aww! so sweet:) Nick proposed on Valentine's Day in 08. Crazy it's been that long!

Niken said...

happy proposal anniversary, Courtney :)

Jen said...

so so sweet! I didn't realize it has already been 5 years of marriage for you two! I am so excited for the day I get proposed to, it must be one of the most exciting moments ever!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful photos

Katrin said...

Happy happy anniversary! The pictures are so adorable!

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

So cute! Haha I saw my proposal coming too, but I've never admitted it to Cody :) I was cracking up about how the camera made Eric nervous...too funny!

Marli said...

how sweet! happy happy anniversary to you two. :)

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

How romantic! Happy "engagiversary" :)

Eryka said...

so cuteee!!

Hilary said...

Aww, such babies! Your hair was SO long!! Congrats on 5 years!

Brittany LeSueur said...

Awe, this is so sweet! You two are adorable! Good times to come!

sydney b. said...

Love this story! You two are so cute!

Jessie said...

beautiful photos! I love remembering.

Suget said...

Gah. I just got emotional reading this post.
haha Happy sweet anniversary!! You two are such a gorgeous couple!

Kym said...

Such a cute story :)

Antoinette Musik said...

Aww happy anniversary! Such a beautiful story. I just LOVE these photos of you both. You have so much to celebrate and be grateful for. xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful love story, beautiful couple!!!

Megan said...

5 years ago today my hubby proposed to me! haha Love was in the air!! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, you guys are too cute!

Maria said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Eric!! We got engaged 5 years ago on the 15th too!! Love the pictures...your happiness shines through in them! Xoxo
Maria

Janna Renee said...

Awww! I'm all teary-eyed now! Beautiful, beautiful pics!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!