Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day... to Eric!

Eric's first time holding his baby. Yes, in case you were wondering, that is pure joy written all over his face, HA!

I never give this man enough credit. He is working on his first Father's Day just so that the other guys can be home with their families. I swear I could smack him for that, but at the same time, I admire how giving he is of himself. It's one of the qualities that makes him the BEST daddy in the world. 
So here's a little shout out to my husband and baby daddy. Thank you for being YOU. You have Mia wrapped around your fingers..... oh wait. I've got that backwards. We all know you're Mia's favorite BUT she has got you wrapped around her fingers :) And you wouldn't have it any other way! I didn't change one diaper for days after Mia was born because you were right there taking care of her. You two sing back and forth to each other and it's my favorite sounds in the world! It's crazy how much you light up her world. Just hearing your voice sends Mia into a fit of smiles and giggles. You truly are the most loving, doting and selfless dad Mia could ever ask for. We are so lucky to have you!! Happy Father's Day Eric! Mia and I love you from here to eternity!
And Happy Father's Day to our dads! Thank you for loving us and teaching us how we want to parent our sweet Mia. Love you both!

14 comments:

dani krum (love me, dani marie) said...

New follower from the Blog Hop! I would love if you would follow me also!
XO
dani
Love Me, Dani Marie

Sarah said...

this is so sweet! mia is so lucky!

Lindsay said...

So sweet!!! How sweet, too, he worked so the other guys could be with their families -- though I'd want to smack my husband, too! Haha. Happy Father's Day to Eric!

Jamie Hart said...

Courtney.. what a sweet post! Happy Father's Day to your Baby Daddy! :)
Rob and I have been trying to get pregnant for nine months now and nothing is happening.. this month I have stopped "trying, hoping, and praying"-- I've just been living as usual. He is very protective, like I am and has strong views about parenting too. We were pulling through our condo parking lot today, saw two men standing at their trunk unloading groceries with their son standing close by.. when we passed by slowly the father walked in front of the child and blocked him from our "traffic"-- Rob and I both looked at each other at the same time and commented how that was great parenting. My heart was overwhelmed with feelings of how I can't wait for him to be the father of my children and to celebrate Father's Day with him in the future. You are so truly blessed to share this precious holiday with someone so very special!! xoxo

ugottahavehart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is such a heartwarming post! Happy Father's Day to Eric!

Dee Stephens said...

We are both very lucky!

Lauren said...

so sweet! & seriously, what is it about little girls' thinking their daddies are so incredible?!? Elyse definitely chooses daddy over me!

Unknown said...

what a lovely post! Little girls do love their daddies :)

Emily said...

Such a sweet post, Courtney! Sounds like Mia is lucky to have you both as her parents!

Nicole@mamashiptips said...

so sweet .....

Shelley said...

His face... So awesome. It's like he is amazed by her. Cute!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I love his face! Happy Father's Day to Eric!!

Liesl said...

Very sweet post, Courtney, as always! You can tell that Eric is just overcome in the picture, so darling! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Happy 1st Father's Day to him!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!