Sunday, July 21, 2013

happy 7 months to my love bug

I know, I shouldn't be posting a picture that was taken on her 6 month birthday, but it's just too cute!

- Mia has TWO teeth! She cut her bottom two teeth June 26-28th. It was pretty painless for mommy and daddy... Mia hardly put up a fuss! Hopefully the rest of teething goes that smoothly :)
- She is super mobile now. She rolls and scoots all over the place! The girl is fast for not even crawling yet! 
- We gave Mia a sippy (of water, only water) and that thing is her FAVORITE! Nothing makes her light up quite like the sippy cup :) 
- Mia eats food like a champ! We gave her rice cereal about a week and a half before she turned 6 months. We celebrated her 6 month birthday with carrots that night annnnnnnnd she hated them, ha ha! But now that she is used to fruits/veggies, she loves them all! We haven't come across anything that she won't eat, yet.
- We have been feeding Mia off of our plate as well. She's had oranges, watermelon, bacon (she just licks it), pasta, creamies, ice cream, avocado, and carrots. I know she's had more than that but I didn't write them down, and I just can't remember now :) 
- Mia also eats the little baby puffs. The first time I gave them to her? She H A T E D them! I wish I knew how to upload videos to the blog! You can find the video on my instagram though. Seriously, hilarious!   
- This girl has some pretty impressive motor skills. The first time I fed her said puffs, I let her grab them to see what she would do with it. She totally went for it with her thumb and pointer finger, picked it up and shoved it in her mouth. I was shocked she didn't try to grab it with her whole hand! She was so precise with it :) Such a smart girl!  
- She had her first trip to Disneyland and the beach! Of course she was an angel the whole vacation!
- Mia got her first bruise on July 10th. She was scooting around when all the sudden her head slammed down on the corner of our lap top. You better believe I was crying with her! I felt awful about it :(
- One of Mia's favorite things is to mimic us "clucking" our tongues. She smiles and laughs when we do it, and then she does it back. It's such a great reminder that it truly is the little things!! We can make her day just by the clicking of our tongue :)
- Mia wears 3-6 month and 6 month clothes.
- She is still in size 2 diapers.
- I mentioned on her 6 month post that we took her into the doctor on her 6 month mark and she weighed 14 pounds even. Well, the girl was born at 7 pounds even. So fun that in a half a year, she doubled her weight exactly!

Mia turned 7 months yesterday. I'm not gonna lie, that really pulled at my heart strings! Mia is officially out of the new baby phase and before I know it? She's going to be moving out and moving on with her life... ah! I know, I'm crazy! These past 6 months have brought us so much joy! I can't imagine what life would be like without our sweet, happy baby. Mia is the best thing that has ever happened to me and Eric! Even though I'm sad that time is flying so quickly, I am excited to see what milestones and fun 7 months will bring to Mia, Eric and me!    

18 comments:

Celeste said...

She's so cute! And so teeny! My little guy is just almost three months and already in a size 2 diaper and about 14 pounds :) And I'm with you...time is flying by SO fast. I feel like he was just born yesterday and now he's this little man with a personality all of the sudden...being a mama is so tough on the heart!

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Mia is seriously too cute, says the broken record, since I say that every time! But she totally is.

Julie said...

I cannot believe time is flying by so fast!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

WOW. I literally feel like you JUST had her! I love that you do this and remember all the little details:) Do you write these things down or do you just remember them? I'm SO worried I'll forget something!

Emily said...

crazy how fast time flies!!

Sarah said...

she is such a great (and cute) babe! two teeth! wowza!!!

Dee Stephens said...

Shelby is cutting her two top teeth now!
Mia is a cutie! :)

Erin LFF said...

I don't know how, but your precious lil girl gets cuter and cuter! She is so photogenic too ;) Never a bad pic of that little sweetie!!

Alexis Kaye said...

I get sad every time I hear Mia getting older because I know Ainsley is right behind her. Boooo!!!!

lori said...

I cant get over how quickly mia is growing!! and her facial expressions are my favorite!!!

Kirsty and Seth said...

I know what you mean about being both sad and happy that Mia is growing. My baby, Caleb turned one on Saturday and it was definitely a day of mixed emotions for me!

Jamie Hart said...

Mia sounds great!! What are creamies? Also.. things have changed so much since I was a nanny and watched my niece and nephew. The last I watched kids they were NOT allowed to have anything but baby food. My friend has the most adorable six month old little guy, Carter, and she feeds him all kinds of fresh stuff and it amazes me. If we do ever get pregnant(one can dream) then I will have a lot of learning to do!!

Jamie Sefcik || Hello Little Scout said...

Wow, I can't believe she already has 2 teeth! Bentley got his in super late. What a cutie!

Libby said...

You should try a baby cup with a straw! It's so good for babies oral strength and my mom is a speech therapist and says that it really helps kids talk/learn to pronounce things well bc of it. And they dont leak ;) These are the ones that have great reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Lansinoh-mOmma-Straw-Handles-Orange/dp/B006YPTZOM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1CF5B8VF280Y3&coliid=I3OT0V36W29U2T

Megan said...

She is absolutely TOO adorable!!! We had an accident this month, too...and I cried more than Emory! Haha.

Hannah said...

So cute! She is getting so big! How fun that she is eating all kinds of yummy foods! I'm excited to start trying new things with my peanut!

Dinah Gacon said...

It is so sweet to read about all her little milestones, you must be so proud....I know I would be. I really look forward to experiencing those types of milestones with our lil baby when he/she arrives. And what a great little eater she is, such a good baby girl.

Thank you so much for sharing!

xo Dinah @ Sunshine super glam

Janna Renee said...

Aww I know I would want to cry if she hit her head, but just remember, If you pretend like nothing is wrong, then they don't get upset. They cry for attention and because they think something is wrong. Distraction is key!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!