Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas gifts your hair will love

Untitled #2
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
 If you've been wondering what product I use in my hair, or what products are worth trying out... I'm giving you my opinion :) Let me start by saying that less is more in my hair! So I barely use product. But these are what I love!

1- Your hair NEEDS a deep conditioning treatment once a month during this nasty, winter season. The cold sucks all the moisture out of the air and you better believe it's affecting your hair! I use this Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrating conditioner and LOVE it! But even better? Treat yourself to a deep conditioning service from your hairstylist :) It's the best!
2- I'm not big into mouse and root lifter in my hair, so I love Big Sexy's Powder Play! It adds texture and volume to your roots, or is the perfect thing to use just before back-combing your roots!
3- Moroccan Oil is my favorite! I ALWAYS run this serum through the ends of my hair when I'm finished straightening or curling; and this is SO good for your hair!
4- I admit it, I'm a Chi girl. So I vote Chi allllll the way for your straightener :)
5- I have a lot of Hot Tools curling irons and I love them! But I am personally using Chi's 1 1/2 inch curling iron to curl my hair. That's the only one I use with my long locks. I love the curl I get and I feel like the heat temperature is perfect... it's hot enough for the curl to stay all day, but it doesn't fry my hair!
6- Let me be honest. I use baby powder in my hair to soak up the oils instead of dry shampoo. I already have it in my house and I can get away with it since I'm blond. I realize most of you can't get away with using baby powder so I suggest Suave Dry Shampoo! It's cheap and it gets the job done!
7- I believe in spending money on certain products for your hair... but hair spray just isn't one of those products! I use Dove's hairspray and it works perfectly for me!

Once more Christmas idea that has nothing to do with hair! I've been meaning to do this shout out all month but you know, my mommy brain is frazzled trying to plan Mia's first birthday AND get Christmas finished! Anyway! For those of you who don't know... my dad is kind of a rock star. At least is thee rock star in Southern Utah ;) He is selling a Christmas CD of music that he has arranged for his guitar and his cello partner. It really is amazing! If you want to listen to something really fun and kinda different, check it out!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love, love, love when my stylist uses the Morrocan Oil in my hair! I should probably buy some.

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

I'm addicted to the Morrocan Oil. I use the light version and it works well with my hair type. Since I'm blonde I have to be extra carfeul with oils or else they just end up making my hair look..well, oily. LOL But it's def. awesome for my frizz!

Brooke Tolly said...

thanks for this awesome list! I've been wanting to try out the Moroccan hair oil for awhile now!

hello erin said...

Love this! I think I need to try out more than one of these ;)

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

I have a hair-product addiction. I've never splurged on the Moroccan oil but every time I get a hair cut I say I'm going to walk out with my very own bottle! And I haven't tried the Powder Play! I need to.

Kirsty and Seth said...

Ooh, I was tempted to get morrocanoil, I think I may just give it a try!

kirstyandseth.blogspot.co.uk

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I am so addicted to hair care products. Love the Big Sexy Hair Line. I will have to check some of the others out.

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

I love hair gifts!! This mane is not easy to keep up with haha!

Meghan said...

I so want a chi hair straightener, just have never bit the bullet and got one, but I just may have to since you give it a good recommendation, I have the Moroccan oil tea tree shampoo & I'm in love.

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!