Sunday, December 29, 2013

scenes from our Christmas 2013

Each year we get "matchy" Christmas eve outfits instead of pj's (but Mia got pj's, too!) and this year I kind of dropped the ball so we just wore our festive outfits that we wore for family pictures :) Next year I will do better with the whole matching theme.
Mia, daddy and grandpa Santa. I thought Mia would like Santa better if it was grandpa, but nope! She just can't get passed the beard, ha ha! She kept waving at him the whole time, and I'm pretty sure she was waving goodbye. Check out my IG for a classic picture of Mia sitting on Grandpa Santa's lap :)
Grandpa was dressed up because in Eric's hometown Santa visits every one's home on Christmas Eve! Mia was still scared of the Santa that came to our home :)
Mia's Christmas pj's that she picked out! We let her choose between three and this was the lucky winner :) P.S. Those eyelashes?!!
Santa came!!
Daddy was a good sport to fake that smile even though he just woke up :) Oh the joys of Christmas morning!
SOOOOO EXCITED! Check out my IG for a video of Mia and her rocking hippo.
I won't name names, but only one of us got dressed and ready for the day on Christmas....
My favorite view this Christmas season!

This Christmas was so amazing! Last year was incredibly special having a precious 5 day new baby, but I was totally out of it and Eric worked. So I loved spending this Christmas together and watching Mia's excitement :)
We were able to travel to my in laws for the special day and we truly had the best time together! Mia couldn't get enough of playing with her cousins and it was so nice to relax and hangout together. All of Eric's siblings were there which rarely happens (and of course we didn't get pictures, OOPS!) so it was such a treat!
We ate SO good (ie: prime rib for Christmas dinner) and we ate waaaay too much of everything!
I will always look back and remember this Christmas being so amazing because of our darling little Mia and our loving family! Life is good. We are SO blessed! And I owe it all to my Heavenly Father who loves us all SO much that He sent Christ to Earth to die for us... I hope we never forget the gift of baby Jesus and all He has done for us.

23 comments:

Meghan said...

Aww! I love this! Mia looks so adorable in her jammies! So glad you had a wonderful holiday!

Linzi Scarsella said...

So lovely, I think all you are so cute! Im glad you had a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Maybe next year, she'll warm up a bit more to Santa. :-)

Traci@TheHallway said...

Looks like you guys had a very Merry Christmas! Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Sara said...

Is there anything cuter than a kiddie in christmas pjs?? Mia looked adorable. Loved the pic of her and the rocking hippo. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Seriously LOVE her, how awful is it we didn't even take Savanna to see Santa this year. I kept wanting too, but hubs was super busy with work and we couldn't find the time. I can't believe how disoragnized being a mom has made me! I didn't even send out Christmas cards this year!

Life Happens said...

What a wonderful Christmas. Mia is just adorable!

hello erin said...

Mia in her pj's is beyond adorable! And it looks like you kids had one awesome Christmas! I love it!!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

the pic of Mia opening up her hippo is the cutest!

Sarah said...

such a sweet family you have! LOVE seeing mia get to happy over the hippo!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Oh my gosh that last picture is perfect!!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I love making granny ripples they almost produce themselves, lovely rhythmic ripples, you can just let your mind wander while the hook does the work.

Regards,
Diaper Bags

17 Perth said...

So fun!! You guys are adorable!! Love the photo of Mia in front of the tree!

Jessie said...

Merry Christmas! Mia's face is priceless; her excitement just radiates.

Julie said...

I love her glow by the tree pic - awesome!

RadiantKristen said...

What a fun, laid back Christmas! My parents always do prime rib for Christmas... I crave it all year!

Kristin said...

Omigosh, that hippo pic is too cute! She looks SOOOO excited! Glad you guys had a great Christmas!!!

~Dawn~ said...

What a memorable Christmas. :) Mia looks SO happy! :)

Kirsty and Seth said...

I love your top in the top picture, you beautiful lady! I'm glad you all had such a lovely Christmas! Xx

kirstyandseth.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

oh my goshhhhhhh! HER FACE ON CHRISTMAS MORNING! Please frame that cute picture!!!!! Precious!

Erin said...

I am DYING over that picture of her on Christmas morning!! How precious!

Janna Renee said...

That pic of her with Santa on IG killed me!! Now, I'm loving the one of her silhouetted against the tree...looks like a Halmark card!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!