Sunday, January 12, 2014

2013 in review

2013 was SO good to us! We definitely had our hard times, but the good definitely outweighed them! This was the fastest year of my life. I can't believe how much Mia grew and developed.... well, I guess I should say I can't believe how quickly she grew and developed :) We had the funnest year full of so much exploring! We went on new adventures each month, even multiple adventures each month! I'm so glad that having a baby hasn't slowed us down. Mia has made life funner and we couldn't be more grateful!

January
  • We kicked off the new year as brand new parents! The first 2 weeks of Mia's life were pretty difficult but after that? Heaven! But January was pretty much a month full of adjusting to parenthood.
  • I turned 25.
  • We went to my great grandma's 90th birthday (we share the same birthday) party where my grandma and great grandma were able to meet Mia for the first time! We got a 5 generation picture (Mia, me, my mom, my grandma and my great grandma... all first born girls to each other, and we all share the same middle name: Marie!) which is incredibly special!!
February
  • We celebrated our first Valentines as a family of THREE!
  • Mia went on her first vacation. We stayed in a cabin up the mountain with my family. My mom and Mia stayed cozy in the cabin while the rest of us enjoyed fresh powder, it was amazing!
March
  • Mia was blessed the first weekend in March. Such a special day!! 
  • Mia and I traveled to Colorado with my parents where Mia got to meet my other grandma (my dad's mom) for the first time! It was a special treat because grandma was 97 at the time!
  • We went to Vegas with some of our best friends where Mia experienced warm sunshine and a pool for the first time! It was such a fun trip, especially because our babies are less than two weeks apart in age!
  • Eric went to his first baseball game {spring training} of the season.
  • Mia and I went on our first weekend getaway without Eric... and we survived!
  • Mia celebrated her first Easter!
April
  • I enjoyed my first ever spa day. This is totally worth remembering forever :) It was amazing!
  • Eric turned 27.
May
  • Eric and I celebrated 5 years of marriage!
  • I celebrated my first ever Mother's Day (with my baby in my arms instead of belly)!
  • I took Mia on her very first hike! And she experience a couple more in May... and a ton more throughout the summer/fall.
  • Mia experienced a water park for the first time!
June
  • We took Mia shooting for the first time. 
  • Mia started eating solid foods for the first time!
  • Eric celebrated his first Father's Day!
  • I took Mia to Wet n Wild in Las Vegas with my salon girls.
  • Mia went boating for her first time ever! 
  • Eric and I ran the Color Me Rad 5k together.
July
  • We took Mia to Disneyland for her first time!
  • We went to the beach for Mia's first time!
  • We went to our first ever Red Sox baseball game (and one other MLB game)!
  • Mia celebrated her first 4th and 24th (yay for another holiday in Utah!) of July.
  • We moved to the other side of town. So much harder moving with a baby!
August
  • We did more traveling to northern Utah and Las Vegas. We traveled somewhere almost every single month this year!
  • We went to Lagoon with Eric's family. SO much fun! We look forward to this every year!
  • Mia experienced her first ever county fair... which wasn't much to brag about :) 
September
  • I entered Mia in her first and last beauty baby contest! I'm a sore loser.
  • We enjoyed more hiking. I loved hiking with my babe and friends all spring/summer. I was trying to fit in as much as possible before it got too cold!
  • Mia and I spent the weekend in northern Utah with my best friend and started our Halloween celebrations a little early :)
  • We traveled to Colorado and visited my 98 year old grandma!
  • We visited Arches National Park in Moab, Utah.
  October
  • We bought our first ever brand new vehicle, my "mom" car. A 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
  • Eric's beloved Red Sox won the world series!!
  • We celebrated my mom's 50th birthday.
  • We spent a weekend up north crossing items off my fall bucket list. Love that husband of mine who does what he can to make my dreams come true!
  • Mia celebrated her first Halloween!
  November
  • I entered Mia in the Gerber baby search 2013 contest. I doubt she'll win the grand prize because they are probably looking for a new baby. But I'm hoping she won her age group! We find out this month.
  • We went to our first ever NBA (Utah Jazz) game and had a lot of fun!
  • Mia celebrated her first Thanksgiving!
  December
  • Mia met Santa for the first time and she is not a fan :)
  • Our baby turned 1!!
  • We celebrated Christmas with Eric's family. This was Mia's second Christmas but I would say that it was a lot funner than her first :) It makes a difference when I'm not recovering from child birth, Mia isn't adjusting to her brand new life, and Eric's not working, ha ha!
  • We spent New Year's Eve with friends, then rang in the new year at home as a little family of 3!
We miss you 2013!! I am hoping and praying for an even better year full of opportunities and growth for my little family. But I know that with Mia in our lives, life can't ever be too bad ;) I will do my best to make the best of EVERY moment in 2014!

11 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

I love her!!!!

Brittany said...

What an incredible year you've had! Here's to an even better 2014!

P!nky said...

Looks like an incredibly amazing year. 2013 was the best year ever :)! Cheers to 2014

Dee Stephens said...

Love this. I should do one too, I know it takes a lot of time though.

Printed Bonnet by AyoBE said...

This is just such a cute post. So many firsts and so many reasons to celebrate. I can see more now why you will miss 2013. It was certainly a blessed year for your family.

Wishing you an even better 2014.

Tara said...

Love all this! Mia is too adorable in her Valentine's pjs. The year goes by too quickly so it's amazing to look back and see everything we did :)

hello erin said...

ok. its INSANE seeing how much mia grew this past year!! i mean really. . . she's so freaking cute at EVERY SINGLE STAGE!!

Janna Renee said...

I call this the year of MIA! I love your little family, and am so happy to get to witness the love and beauty! On a side note: I can't believe how HOT you look. You are definitely getting better with age, and motherhood looks good on ya ;)

Mrs. Miller said...

Looks like a great year! How do you add CB next to Mia in all your pictures? I'm due with our first in three weeks, and I'd love to be able to include that sort of copyright on pictures of our little one.

sara [at] journey of doing said...

These pictures are adorable - and what a year! Mia is so cute and so sweet!!! I love her face!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Gosh what an incredible year! She just grew so fast! Here is to another year!!! :-) Oh and glad I am not the only one late in recapping 2013~ haha!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!