Friday, January 24, 2014

top 5 from my golden year

This is how I spent my golden birthday. Cuddling my precious baby!

Remember when 25 was old? I mean... I thought that was ancient! I remember being a senior in high school and hearing a teacher admit she was 25. SO OLD!!
You guys.
Tomorrow I turn 26. TWENTY SIX. 
I'm older than old!
Except I don't feel old. You know? Watching the numbers go up is kind of painful. Especially since I know what the "young ones" think about my ancient age *shudder* ha!
So I thought the best way to say goodbye to 25 is to recap my 5 favorite moments from my golden year.

1- The moment I made the connection that Mia was giving me a kiss. Her wide open, slobbery mouth landed on my nose and she kept bobbing her head  (spreading the slobber) over my nose... until she was done. Then she did it again! That's when I KNEW my baby was giving me a kiss. Heart melted and slobber forgotten!
2- My very first day at the spa. It was the perfect golden birthday gift from my husband. HEAVEN!! And yes, it's totally one of my favorite moments last year!
3- Going to Disneyland (and the beach AND baseball games) as a family of 3! Even though Mia had no clue what was going on, and she won't remember it, it made me SO excited for our future family vacations and the excitement that kids bring into every moment!
4- The eve of Mia's first birthday I was feeding Mia and she fell asleep in my arms!! It's like she knew my momma heart was having a hard time coming to grips with how quickly she grew. Those extra snuggles were extra precious that night! (She hasn't fallen asleep in my arms again since that night!)
5- Every single moment it hit me that Eric and I created Mia. We are parents to a perfect, loving, happy baby girl and it STILL blows my mind that she came from us! Our gratitude to Heavenly Father for trusting us with Mia's sweet spirit is never ending! We love being her parents! 

5 on Friday link up with The Good Life. A. Liz Adventures. Carolina Charm. & Hello! Happiness.

26 comments:

Alyx said...

Awww! Lol the feeding Mia one may have made me tear up a little. Like, I can't believe she's getting so big. It's crazy how fast time flies with little ones. Really bittersweet. Anyway, happy birthday tomorrow!

hello erin said...

Hey man. I turned 30 TODAY. We're practically birthday twins! Happy happy happy birthday!!!! Have an awesome weekend celebrating 26!

BLovedBoston said...

So so so sweet about you and mia!! And as a current 26 year old - there isn't much difference except you're that much closer to 30 ahhhh! The story with her kissing you - melts my heart! Happy Birthday!

Jessica M. said...

Such a sweet photo! I love hearing stories about Mia discovering new things and trying new things. That kiss was probably the best kiss you've ever had! Happy early birthday!!

Dee Stephens said...

You are a baby. I'm 38 and 1/2! :(((

Jessie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know how you feel. I turn 29 (the last year in my twenties!!!) in a week and I don't feel a day older than maybe 19. I think it will always be that way. Our bodies may start to feel it, but we'll always be young at heart. You had a wonderful golden year!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Happy birthday (a day early!) - not to worry - 26 isn't old and Mia will keep you young! ;)

Stephanie said...

Happy early birthday! Even though Little miss is 2 it still amazes me how much one perfect little human can change your life!

Allyssa said...

I'm about to turn 26 in a couple months. AH! I can't believe it! Time is going by too fast! I'm glad you had an awesome year, Courtney! Happy Birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

I'll be 25 next month. I feel old! haha Love that picture, so sweet.

Jamie Hart said...

Awww! I hope that you have a great birthday and I'm sure you couldn't imagine your life being any more blessed than it already is-- but I hope your next year is ten times better!

Julie said...

You're a youngin! Happy early birthday!

Unknown said...

That number five. :) My husband and I talk about that all the time in reference to our little gaffer, too. It's just so marvellous!

Happy birthday, pretty lady! Have an amazing day! :)

Anonymous said...

#5 made me tear up. so so sweet.

Happy early birthday!!!
p.s. I will be old on Monday....28 YIKES!
that means we celebrated our golden birthdays during the same year :)

Kristin said...

Aw, I love this! I'm 29, so dont even talk to me about old....30 is going to be here before I know it. GAH!

Kirsty and Seth said...

What lovely moments! And at 32 I feel like I am justified in saying that at 26, you're still a young one ;)

kirstyandseth.blogspot.com

chantal marie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Brittany said...

Happy early birthday! I hope you have the best one yet! You aren't old, girl! 26 is the new 21! :)

Tara said...

Happy birthday Courtney! :) I love this and might've teared up at the part about Mia falling asleep in your arms... My 26th birthday is in a couple weeks and even though I'm getting "old", every year is better than the last and I owe that to my sweet baby too.

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Aww love this!!! Happy Birthday!!

Linzi Scarsella said...

You are still so young, I didn't even realize 25 was called a golden birthday. lol. That's how old I am!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love your list. What great memories. I love the slobbery baby kiss. I am looking forward to that one day. By the way your not old, if you are than I am ancient as I just turned 32 this past October lol. Plus you don't look your age. I though you were younger :)

Happy Birthday, wishing you a great day tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Its crazy how time flies. I'm 20 getting ready to turn 21 and I always here that It's just going to fly by faster! I love though you did a recap, I always like to recap the year every New years Eve. It makes life more enjoyable that way! I'm new too blogging, but I enjoyed you're site and you're posts. Looking too make new friends, and meet new people. Your family is just way too precious! Hope you can follow me and check out my blog!

God bless!

Carlie said...

Hope you have a fantastic birthday! I'm glad you had such a great year!

Unknown said...

I loved seeing your disneyland pictures! Glad you had such a good year! <3

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!