Monday, May 12, 2014

the good, the bad, the nasty

 
 It's exhausting watching mom cross the finish line. And makes the girl real thirsty apparently ;)
Oh Mother's Day weekend... it really started off with a big, fat fail! I had been looking forward to this weekend for weeks but unfortunately Eric found out that he had to work and there was no getting out of it. Lucky us! At least I had a lot planned on Saturday to keep me busy. The day started with the color me rad 5k in St. George, UT and it was a perfect day for a race! My parents came to be with Mia and watch me cross the finish line. I took off in the first wave and my mom is convinced I am one of the first five that crossed the finish line. I don't know if that is brag worthy or pathetic when talking about the fun run that isn't even timed :) The views were incredibly gorgeous during the run, I want to do it every year just to experience that! And I was disgustingly covered in color... turns out you get pummeled when you're the only one running through the color stations, ha! It was a fun morning though and I'm grateful to my parents for being there with Mia! I ended the day by getting pedicures with my mom, a little early Mother's Day gift :)
Sunday morning I woke up feeling refreshed and in good spirit even though Eric was at work. I looked out my window and discovered at least 6 inches of snow... I kid you not! Then I went to get Mia out of bed and when I opened her door I was hit with a wall of puke stench. Happy Mother's Day to me ;) I may have started crying... a tiny bit of tears were shed over the fact that I had to deal with that all by myself, on Mother's Day, but most were shed because I felt so bad for Mia. It had happened sometime during the night and the poor girl slept with it for who knows how long. That's why even though things went from bad to worse as the weekend went on, I would do it over in a heart beat. After cleaning everything up (a couple times in the day, so fun) Mia and I just hung out in our pj's and watched movies as it snowed most of the day. The snuggles I got all day were priceless! And I often complain about Eric's job but I am so incredibly grateful for his hard work ethics and the pride he takes in a job well done. Even though he gets so little in return, he gives so much so that he can provide for us, and I can be home with Mia aside from my one day of work. But you can bet that I plan on having a happy, puke free day with my two loves and getting spoiled rotten today ;) I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

32 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Happy Belated Mothers day to you. Sorry, you had to deal with sickness but congrats on the race!

Unknown said...

Fun color run!!! Bummer your hubbs couldn't adore you on Mother's Day, but I'm sure he does many other days of the year.
Have totally walked into vomit-ville, so sad! Hope your little feels better!
Happy Mother's Day to you!

P!nky said...

First, way to rock it out with the color run, you go lady. That picture of you with Mia is precious.

Second, I'm so sad Eric had to work and your lil bean was sick. That isn't any fun at all.

BUT, Happy Mother's Day to you sweet lady!

Pamela said...

Love those pictures!! Hate Eric had to work & that she got sick!! hope today is better for you ;)

LILIXOANA said...

Happy Mother's Day! That 5k color run looks so cool, i always see people doing it, I would love to try it one day.

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Hope Mia gets to feeling better soon!! It may not have been glamorous, but I'm sure she wouldn't trade moms... especially when snuggles in the snow (whattttt?!) are involved!

hello erin said...

your face in that first picture is PRICELESS! i'm straight up obsessed with that. total framer for sure! and I'm SO sorry your weekend ended in a puke fest. its just sucky. for you AND mia. poor kiddo.

Mandie said...

Well, Saturday sounded amazing for you (I love the picture of Mia in front of the race banner). I'm sorry that your Mother's Day wasn't all you hoped it would be but you got to be with Mia & that's what's important. I hope that she's feeling better.

Kimberly said...

Hugs girl!! We have all been sick for over ten days and I got the worst of it on Mother's Day! Boo. And what a crazy snow storm in Cedar! Such a bummer. I hope baby Mia is feeling better. It always breaks my heart when my babies don't wake me up when they've thrown up in the night. :(

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Kudos to you for running a race!!!

~Dawn~ said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!! I hope little Mia is feeling better and you all can enjoy a special family-filled day today!

Anonymous said...

you did get bombarded with color holy moly!!! hahah Glad you had a good run.

Eric is a very thoughtful husband I'm sure he is going to make Mother's Day up to you since he couldn't spend it with you. Hope Mia is feeling better :(

lori said...

love that picture, you are such a fun mom!! and such a trooper to spend your mothers day husband-less taking care of a sick babe. i hope your make up day is wonderful, you deserve it mama!!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Snow in May? What the what? Sorry your day didn't start off well. I'm sure he'll make it up to you and it also means next year HAS to be better!!!

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

I hope little Mia is feeling better, poor thing! That run looks like so much fun!

Christy said...

Ha! I just wrote about my mother's day fail!! Mine also involved puke...fun! ;) Glad you get today, though! Enjoy it!

Sarah said...

Happy Your Mother's Day! The Color run looks like so much fun, I've always wanted to do one..but worried the paint will never come off! :)

Erin LFF said...

So sorry to hear about sick lil miss and the snow too!! :( Hope you are feeling better, friend!

Allyssa said...

That looks so fun! :)They do those a lot here in California, too!

Laura Joyce Leavitt said...

I am so sorry that Mia was sick yesterday and that i didnt run with you! Being sick is horrible, but sick kids is the worst!

Lauren said...

ughh...it's just the pits when our kiddos are sick!

Jessie said...

You sexy mama, you! What a fun run! And boy, can I relate to that last little cartoon. haha Our job never ends. :) Glad it was a good mother's day after all. Anyway, there's always this weekend, right?

tina bumblebee said...

Congrats on your color run! I've always wanted to do one!

KelseyB said...

You are a freaking rockstar in that color run! I hope the little babe is feeling better. And happy late mothers day....I hope you get your day off sooner rather than later ;)

Anonymous said...

you looked like you ROCKED that 5K. So happy to hear you got a little break today and ever happier Mia is feeling better!

Ashleigh said...

I love that face photo in the first picture.. Looks like you had a blast! Sorry that Eric had to work I am sure that was not fun to hear... Hope Mia is feeling better bless her little heart!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Oh no! Poor mama. AND Mia. Puking is the worst worst worst. And on Mother's Day? Yuck. At least you were able to celebrate a little the day before with a pedicure. I say you have a re-do next weekend when your husband is home and he can spoil you all day!

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you got to do the color me rad. I did the color run back in april and it was so so so fun! I am so sorry that your mothers day didnt go as expected!

Love Always,
Elizabeth
http://thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com/

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

haha, that cartoon is awesome! Happy belated mother's day! Sorry yours didn't go quite as planned, but that first picture is epic.

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry about the puke-the worst!! Love that little comic at the bottom! Ha!

Shauna said...

That first picture is classic. So awesome. Take care,

Shauna

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Congrats on finishing the race!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!