Thursday, June 19, 2014

to blog... or not to blog

my mini blogger :)
The first few weeks, maybe even months, after Mia was born I was understandably overwhelmed with... life. I had a harder time adjusting to motherhood than I was expecting (I didn't realize how much sleep deprivation, a healing body and nursing would take out of me, aside from figuring out life with a newborn)! I was kind of distraught (I blame it on the sleep deprivation) because I thought I'd never be able to stay awake through a TV show, let alone a movie, ever again (ha ha), and I just knew that blogging was to be a thing of the past... I didn't know how to juggle it all! But blogging meant so much to me! It was (is) my way of documenting our lives, and I have made some of the most incredible friendships because of my little corner of the internet. I was so sad to think of losing all the connections I'd made...
Luckily I adjusted, just like everyone else does, and I continued blogging ;) I've made even more amazing friendships and I continue to be inspired and uplifted by you amazing bloggers! The support we provide each other is just the best! But it is still an adjustment for me to find the time to blog. As Mia has grown, became mobile, grew out of multiple naps, etc, I've had to change my blogging strategies. As of late, I have to wake up at the crack of dawn to get my blog stalking in. I catch up on my blog reading before Mia wakes for the day, then I do my best to fit in some blogging during Mia's nap. Depending on how much house work, hair and make up, etc I need to accomplish before she wakes, I can pound out my next blog post (I'm not good with writing up several posts ahead of time) and catch up on more reading.
Some days I just can't keep up with everything, so blogging is one of the first things to go. Being a mom and wife are #1 on my priority list and it needs to stay that way. So even though I'm not always able to read/comment on blogs each day, it's something I love to do and will make up for it on the days that I do have the time! My little corner of the internet has brought so much good into my life... there's not even the slightest chance I'm willing to let myself get too busy to let that go :)

From Here to EternityWords About Waverly
my delicious adventure Photobucket
My Delicious Adventure                  The Life Of Faith
Running From The LawThe Olive Tree
Running From The Law             The Olive Tree          

June 19:       How to make time to blog in the busyness of motherhood
June 26:       Bedtime Battles (nap or bedtime)
Come link up with us every Thursday!

19 comments:

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

I have weeks where it seems SO easy to fit posts in and comment on all my favorite blogs -- and then I have weeks where motherhood, and life in general, get completely overwhelming and I'm lucky if I get to read two blogs here or there. But I won't stop coming back and I won't stop writing my own because it really has become an important part of my life and I love making time to capture memories the way my blog allows me to.

P!nky said...

I totally agree with you, that while blogging is our life, it is an important part of life. Well done, juggling it all.

Erin LFF said...

I'm so glad you keep blogging because I love keeping up with your adorable family life :) BUT- I think it's fair and totally normal to just do it when you can, and don't ever put pressure on yourself! Family is def more important than all us silly bloggers out here ;)

eliz said...

I have a hard time finding time to blog but I think it had everything to do with getting my Masters...and not so much being mommy...I just decided to blog once in awhile...when I felt inspired haha...thank goodness for bloglovin app so that I can read my favorite blogs...time saver!

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

I am 100% with you!!!! Love little Mia and the pink laptop! Sooo cute.

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

I am 100% with you!!!! Love little Mia and the pink laptop! Sooo cute.

KelseyB said...

I totally agree with you, somedays the blogging thing just doesn't happen. But that's okay because my mama thing is happening. I usually blog only when all three of mine are sleeping....bedtime! haha

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

I don't know how people religiously blog everyday. Blogging will probably always be something that I do when I have a chance. I wish I could do it consistently throughout the week.

Sara McCarty said...

Yep, you said it so well. Being a mom and wife come first. Great post!

Dee Stephens said...

Since going private, blogging really to me, is more about scrapbooking our lives.

Sarah said...

I think if I didn't work, I would never blog, so right now I blog at work during down time...but yes, I love all the connections/friends I've made through blogging.

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

It baffles me when bloggers with newborns still blog, and pretty frequently too. I'm like HOW!!!WHEN!!!

I just recently started to be able to write my posts for the week ahead of time. Or, at least get them prepped and make sure I've got picture/edit them. Before I was a night before kind of blogger, always. Been so much easier for me, I don't know what my block was before - I guess I just enjoy procrastinating!

Jenny said...

some weeks it all flows and some weeks nothing fits! I am so with you on wife & mom first but blogging has been great for connections that it's an important hobby to fit in! great post!

Allyssa said...

I"m glad you're still blogging, because I love seeing all the pictures of your little girl. She's so cute! :) I love it that you share your life with us! :)

Shaunacey Bonneville said...

well I'm glad you're still blogging because otherwise I wouldn't have found you!

Ashley Brickner said...

Glad that made it through, love following along with you!!! Xo

Jessica Dimas said...

Reading through everyone's posts I'm seeing the general trend of blogging while our kiddos are asleep! I love what the blog world has brought to me too so I don't want to give it up, but I agree with you that it's the first to go on days when there's more important priorities. Blogging should be fun!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Totally agree! I try to plan some posts ahead of time, but sometimes that doesn't work. I try to blog at night when Mason goes to bed, but sometimes that doesn't work. While I love blogging, my family comes first and sometimes blogging/commenting/reading blogs just has to take a back seat. While I love responding to comments and reading/commenting on others, sometimes life just gets busy...and you need a weekend nap or two to catch up :)

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Can I just say how it impressive it is that you wake up early to blog?!?! I try to sleep as long as possible haha!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!