Friday, November 14, 2014

be lovely

Well guys, this week I said my final farewell to Fall! It was such a beautiful season and it flew by too quickly! We have a nasty storm blowing in that is ripping all the leaves from the trees and bringing the freezing winter temperatures, and I'm positive they are here to stay for 6+ months. BUT! I've been inspired by my new top from Rebekah Katherine to have my motto for winter be "Be Lovely" because winter can be yucky and dreary and to be honest? I get down right depressed about it, ha! But I'm determined to make the best of this winter for myself and my Mia girl- so give me a swift kick in the boot-ay if you catch my attitude being anything but "lovely" ;)
So a little off subject, but I know everyone hates the whole "don't look at the camera" photos but gosh, it is totally intimidating for me to look straight in the camera and act like I own the "modeling" thing. I'm no fashion blogger! I'm just a real girl (who is seriously lacking in the modeling department) that really loves clothes, and really loves to feature stuff that makes me feel cute! It definitely helps that I am really into these simple statement tees these days! I love that my "Be Lovely" top can look super cute with my simple outfit, or be dressed up, or be paired with fun leggings/colored skinnies, or be worn with my lounging clothes (aka- Eric's basketball shorts and sweats), score!! Give this momma all the versatile tops, ha ha!
 Shirt c/o Rebekah Katherine
 Rebekah Katherine is the sweetest shop owner and I definitely encourage your to check out her stuff as she gets things going! I wouldn't mind being matchy-matchy with anyone else who gets this top ;) (but seriously!!)
P.S. Use the code "SAVE20" to receive 20% off your purchase! xoxo

23 comments:

BLovedBoston said...

I think you kick butt in your fashion posts and you should keep them coming!! I totally know what you mean about looking at the camera being intimidating...it really is!! I love the shirt!! Have a great weekend!

Emily said...

Well, you are rocking the fashion posts and the whole not-looking-at-the-camera model stance!

P!nky said...

LOVE that top and your pictures are fabulous!!!

Ashley Brickner said...

You are the CUTEST mama, love your poses!!!!!!!! :)

Ashley Stephenson said...

Love the top! Hope you stay warm this winter!

Jess Scott said...

I love this top!! I guess fall is officially over, huh? We can totally embrace it with this top!! :) Have a great weekend!!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

How cute are you?!?! Love this! You are rocking the fashion post girl! And I am so jealous of your hair! Happy Friday love!

<3, Pamela
sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Kelly Mock said...

You are so cute! Love the top!

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

I am entirely too self conscious when it comes to posing for pictures - especially alone with no props (ie: significant other, cute animal, sweet baby, etc). Your pictures turned out great though so you have nothing toworry about :-)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Cute pictures! Yes, it got really cold here, even though winter isn't officially for here for another month.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Such a cute top. We have a dusting of snow this morning and I am not ready!! What happened to FALL??? I am beginning hibernation now.

The Siberian American said...

What an adorable top! You look great! Have a great weekend. :)

Mandie said...

I love the shirt & I think that you look lovely in the pictures, looking into the camera or not. You know, some of my favorite pictures of people are ones that they are not looking at the camera. I love "in the moment pictures".

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Love that shirt! It looks great on you too. I love t-shirts like that because like you said, you can dress them up or down. We get fun ones like that where I work a lot. I think that you would love where I work too, we are seriously a store for the post-baby mom. If you are interested in learning more, let me know and I'll email you the website. :-) Have a great weekend!

Katelynn Sue said...

I am drooling over that tee. And it looks SO comfy!!! :) Hope you're having a great weekend!

Antoinette Musik said...

You look absolutely gorgeous sweetie!!! Love the outfit too. xx

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Stopppp, you are the cutest with your effortless hair!! I love the idea though... and I shall try to be more lovely when I just want to curse because it's so cold!!

Anonymous said...

We are just now getting fall! Love the tee!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Looking good mama! Love you shirt and you are killing the fashion posts! :)

gillian claire said...

oh i LOVE this shirt - so cute!! i also love when bloggers do fashion posts and you don't look awkward AT ALL here so keep them coming! :) :)

Unknown said...

I love the shirt! How cute, I need to check out her Etsy shop!

I'm totally there with you about Fall being gone but I think having some cute clothes to wear will cheer us up! Hope you have a great week and the pictures look amazing!

tina bumblebee said...

Cute photos! And I totally agree, it's so hard for me to look at the camera... especially when I'm alone. Put my daughter in the photo with me and it's much easier haha

Unknown said...

Um. you rock this shirt. So cute

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!