Tuesday, December 30, 2014

CHRISTmas 2014 {pt 2}

Of course there's a part 2 to our Christmas celebration that I had to share :) It was Christmas with my side of the family this year so Mia and I planned to go down on Christmas Eve, spend the night, do Christmas morning, then go to Eric's work for the afternoon to spend time with him and take a Christmas meal. Unfortunately the weather had it in for us.... everyone was blessed with a white Christmas (except my parents town, good ol' sunny southern Utah!) which meant that there was no way Eric was going to let me drive up and see him. I was so bummed we didn't get to spend any time with him on Christmas Day, but it made for a good visit with my family!
Santa brought each family a bag and Mia loved emptying ours :)
Mia has hit the Mickey Mouse obsession phase (and I think it's adorable!) so imagine her joy when she opened this Mini Mouse gift from Grandma and Grandad C!
She new just what to do with her Mia-sized mop! Toddlers are weird, man! She would hate getting a cleaning set if she were a teenager, ha ha!
Nothing about this doll is life-sized except the eyes... so naturally Mia had to try poking them :) My mom knew what a hot commodity this talking, singing, Spanish speaking and light up Elsa doll would be when she ordered in early summer!
We started our celebrations by going out for breakfast, a Christmas Eve tradition! The rest of the day was pretty much spent lounging around, but I wasn't complaining! After enjoying a delicious Christmas dinner, my family headed out for one last visit to the Temple to listen to the Nativity story. Mia listened to the whole thing... and then she decided to run wild with her uncles while we walked around and looked at the lights :)
Christmas morning was so fun! Once again, Mia was spoiled rotten and she loved all of her gifts (including a few gifts that weren't even hers, ha ha!) We spent the day lounging again but I was so grateful to be with my family, instead of home alone, all while missing Eric like crazy. It was a wonderful week of celebrating Mia's birthday, the birth of Christ and soaking up family time. December is definitely my favorite month of the year!

17 comments:

P!nky said...

I'm sorry the white Christmas ruined you seeing Eric, but I'm glad you had a good time with your family. kids are so cute, I love that she loves Mickey and a cleaning set, too funny!

<3 you!

BLovedBoston said...

I'm sorry that you weren't able to spend Christmas day with Eric, but it looks like you still had a great time!! She is so sweet playing with all her toys and your mom is so smart for getting a head start on the ordering!!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

OMG how cute is Mia in those leggings and tunic!?! Such a little fashionista! That sucks you didn't get to see Eric at all on Christmas but I'm glad you made the best of it. And I agree, toddlers are so crazy! Try buying her a mop in 10 years and she's going to say you ruined Christmas LOL! I got my niece a toy vacuum and she went nuts for it haha!

<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

Pamela said...

ohh boo!!! Hate yall weren't with Eric on Christmas day!! Glad you all still had a good day!

Kristin said...

Too bad you weren't able to spend time with Eric, but it sounds like you had a wonderful day anyways!

MakeMeUpMia said...

Look at her posing against the wall, too cute!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Mia is too cute! She looks like she had such a wonderful Christmas (times 2!). What a bummer you could;t go see Eric and you couldn't be with him on Christmas Day but what a fun day you got to spend with your family instead :)

~Dawn~ said...

Bummer about Eric having to work on Christmas and you not being able to see him - but, sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family and Mia looks so stinking cute and happy!!

Anonymous said...

her little outfit is so cute. i want it for me.

tina bumblebee said...

Look at all those great presents and I love her shirt in the last photos!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

laughing so hard at Mia trying to poke the eyes out of the doll. Totally something Lily would do. She looks like such a teenager in that last picture!!!

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Awwww.... She looks so happy with her little treasures! Those Elsa eyes are huge. I've noticed it on our dolls before!

Annette said...

Belated Merry Christmas... It sounds like Mia had a very magical holiday...even if you weren't able to be with hubby. Children really do make the holidays brighter. How cute that she's in a Mickey Mouse stage! I remember loving Mickey Mouse at her age (30+ years ago)...So cute!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Those last two pictures are priceless! That Mia and her eyes... you're in trouble, mama!!

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

So sorry you werent able to be with your hubs on Christmas day but at least you and Mia were surrounded with family and love!

Janna Renee said...

Be still my heart over that adorable little tunic top on her! I love that Mickey Mouse is still popular with the kids. Seems to be the only timeless character these days. Although, I'm on the Frozen train too!

April Lynn | Our Little Loves said...

She is the cutest little thing!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!