Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday faves {holidays}

All that talk of Valentines yesterday really got me in the mood for celebrating the holiday! Since I am packing up my home (or thinking of packing, because letsbehonest, I'm a procrastinator) instead of decorating for Valentines, I thought I would talk about our top 5 holidays with Mia.

Valentines Day
Mia's 1st Valentines Day 2013... Dying over her tiny cuteness!
Eric set the bar real high for himself last Valentines when he surprised Mia and I with a sweet gift each day the whole week of Valentines Day! One day he came home with a stuffed dog for her, and she sleeps with it every night! It's the sweetest thing! We can't wait to see what you come up with this year, Eric, ha ha!

Easter 
 Easter 2014
There's just somethin' 'bout small towns + holidays! My husbands teeny, tiny hometown does them best! Last Easter was such a blast! We went to the town's egg hunt, then Mia got to enjoy egg hunts with her cousins! She was a pro at finding the eggs and once she figured out what was inside? There was no stopping her from popping them open and shoving as much as she could fit into her mouth, ha ha! I have a feeling we won't be able to make it home for Easter this year :( so we will have to make it special for Mia in Arizona. But I'm already looking forward to it!

4th of July 
 4th of July 2014 Dress c/o Olive The Things
Mia's first 4th of July was spent on the beach in California, and ended at the Angels baseball stadium, it was so much fun! Her second 4th of July was in Eric's hometown... again with the small town holiday! The 4th is definitely my favorite holiday to go home for! Mia's had the BEST 4th of July celebrations so far, we'll have to come up with something real good this year!

Christmas
Christmas 2014 Bow c/o Her Joyful Studio
I'm not sure there is an explanation needed here... With Christmas and Mia's birthday in the same month, December is a very special month for us! I can't even believe how each Christmas has been better than the last with Mia!
 
Birthdays
My birthday - January 2013
I've always loved celebrating my birthday (what can I say? I love the attention!) and it's even better to celebrate the ones I love! Of course, Mia's birthday tops all, but I'm determined to get a "little kid" reaction out of Eric from his birthday gift this year ;) I will never forget my birthday after Mia was born. She was just a month old and honestly? Her sweet, squishy cuddles was the only gift I needed... but then Eric gifted me with my first ever spa day and my post pregnancy body has never been so grateful! I was so spoiled with love!

I'm a huge fan of ALL holidays, but these are some of our favorites to celebrate with Mia! She just makes them SO exciting and fun again :) Now, I'm off to make Valentines with Mia... there's always time for crafting even though I should be packing instead, right?!

24 comments:

Kelly Mock said...

Beautiful pictures! Can't wait for all of those firsts with Hallie this year!!! :)

P!nky said...

She's so cute, every time of the year. I mean, the 4th of July is adorable!!!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

You should always make time to stop & craft... holidays just gives you a good excuse to do so :)

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

That last picture is precious, and you look so beautiful. Valentines Day is always fun, and definitely a good cure for any winter blahs! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend! :-)

Jenn said...

I love her super sassy glasses for Easter! Absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for sharing these swoon-worthy photos! Have a great weekend!!!

Karina Marie Powell said...

That makes me so sad remembering they were THAT tiny! :(:(:( Time goes way too quickly for our own good! US too. I need some new found "Pack" motivation over here! Wish we could be crafting with you and cute Mia!!!

MakeMeUpMia said...

Oh my gosh, that 4th of July pic is the cutest thing! Well they all are :)

Ashley Brickner said...

These are all so fun!!!!! My favorite just might be the first, were they ever that tiny?!!! XO

BLovedBoston said...

I cant even handle that first picture - cuteness overload! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Anonymous said...

you're so cute! and the itty bittyness in these pictures is SO SWEET!!

MonicaLeeBlog said...

Oh my word, your little Mia is just TOO cute to even handle!!

Erin LFF said...

So sweet! I love holidays and can't wait to celebrate them with little ones, eventually! Easter is one of my faves :)

Brittany said...

Yay!!! These are so cute! I love, love, love her little face in the 4th of July picture!

Nicole@mamashiptips said...

I love you pics. YOUR always in great spirits ..

Brettni Brumfield said...

Love the 4th of July pic!

meandmr.com said...

Such cute pictures! I love them!
Melanie @ meandmr.com

tina bumblebee said...

Oh my goddddd that first picture is SO SO CUTE why do babies get bigger?!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Oh my gosh. What a trip down memory lane! Mia was the cutest, smallest, squishiest, cutest baby ever! I love this recap!
Oh and her in those oversized sunglasses. I die. SO CUTE!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Eric really outdid himself with Valentine's Day... He totally wins and so does that pic!!

Annette said...

I love all the pictures, but the 4th of July is super cute! While I'm looking forward to Valentine's Day, I do admit that I'm now looking forward to the summer holidays already... Good luck with your new move... Procrastination is not a bad thing :)

J and A said...

GAH! SO beautiful you guys are!! Just love you.

Elizabeth said...

Mia is just so cute its hard to not love every holiday!!!

Love Always,
Elizabeth
thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That photo of Mia on the 4th of July is so darn cute!!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

hahah yes he set the bar high with those vday gifts! I am really looking forward to Easter this year. One of my faves last year. I hope she figures out the putting eggs in a basket thing, she just went around pointing them out =)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!