Thursday, March 26, 2015

Easter goodies

Eric and I have been having a lot of fun brainstorming the perfect Easter basket gift ideas for Mia! We definitely don't plan on making the basket a big deal as we want to focus on the real reason for celebrating Easter- Christ's resurrection- and last year we created a perfectly simple basket for Mia! This year we are basically giving her things we were already buying for her so her basket will be a bit more "plentiful" than in the years to come. But we figured we could get away with it now since she is an only child, and she won't remember this to compare in years to come :)

Easter
1 is found here. We were at a friend's house a couple weeks ago and Mia played with a tea set for the first time with her little friend and goodness, our hearts melted! She was absolutely in love with it all and couldn't even part with it to eat dinner :) So we bought this already and will probably throw it in her basket... leaving no room for anything else, ha!

2 is found here and here. Am I the only one who thinks little girl nightgowns are as dreamy as the actual dress ups these days?! I fear that if we introduced these nightgowns to Mia, she would never wear any other clothing... ever again! Ha ha! We will probably wait until summer and let Mia pick out her first nightgown, but we are mighty tempted to sneak one in her basket!

3 is found here. Mia is pretty obsessed with puzzles these days and the animals just scream spring time to me :) I don't think I would be able to resist snagging a new puzzle if I could find the perfect Easter/Spring peg puzzle!

4 is found here. You guessed it! These have been bought as well! I'm the kind of mom that thinks homemade finger paint is the BEST idea, but is far too lazy to actually go through with making our own. So Crayola to Mia's rescue ;) ha ha! I'm saving the finger paint for this summer when it's just too hot to go outside anymore (we are already getting pretty darn close- it's supposed to be 97 degrees on Saturday. kill me now!) and need lots of activities to keep us from going crazy inside :)

I am getting so excited for Easter! I can't believe it's a week and a half away! Let the Easter fun begin!!

 photo Charlock-amp-Coleridge---600px-by-100px.png

15 comments:

P!nky said...

What a sweet basket idea. We always loved our Easter baskets and the morning Easter egg hunt. I can't wait for Easter Sunday and the Resurrection. Good Friday is always a hard day, but the joy of an empty tomb on Sunday makes it worth it.

hello erin said...

ThE nightgown battle is REAL. Lex won't wear pants during the day. Or at night. So we're a complete dress snd Nightgown family!

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

So fun!!! Always loved Easter baskets!!!

Desiree Macke said...

Oh my gosh, that Minnie pj set is the cutest!!
Our Easter basket to Marcus isn't overwhelmingly crazy, but the one thing I just ordered that I can't wait for him to receive is a personalized book from the I See Me! collection called, God Loves Marcus. I thought it was the perfect touch to his Easter basket this year!

tina bumblebee said...

Sooooo Lyla literally has all of these things... even both PJs hahaha. We seriously think alike! Those fingerpaints are the best! We use these paint cups to put them. http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Spill-Proof-Paint/dp/B000FAB7I4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427383004&sr=8-1&keywords=melissa+and+doug+paint+cups

Also, I responded to your Netflix question but sadly Blogger does not tell you when I reply so I thought I would here:

"I LOVE the Leap Frog movies like the Alphabet Amusement Park and The Number Factory the most! There are like 5 and they are all such great movies for kids. Lyla always yells for "The Froggy Movies!" when she wants to watch them. I also like shows that teach social norms, science, etc. like Super Why, Sid The Science Kid, and the Octonauts. Getting kids interested in Science (even before they can fully understand it) and all about the ocean is such a great idea."

BLovedBoston said...

Oh she is just going to flip for these!! So darn cute! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

Erin LFF said...

Cute stuff! I love giving puzzles as gifts- they are my weakness hehe ;) I wish it would be 97, or even 79 here! Send some heat my way!!!

Sarah said...

when did Easter sneak up on us?! I included a small chocolate bunny and chocolate egg from See's Candy, if you're going to give them a chocolate bunny, might as well do the good stuff :)

Brooke said...

These are the cutest ideas, and I absolutely adore nightgowns... even cute ones I can find on mod cloth for me at 21 lol. And I love, love, love the tea set.. adorable :)
xoxo
Brooke|LookBrooke

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Making finger paint may not be a hard DIY, but you know what is easier? Not making it!
I bet she'll love that tea set though. I was pondering that recently for Aria.

Kelsi Strong said...

Oh my gosh that tea set!! We may have to look into that soon. I bought a few tea cups and saucers at Target and she loves them, so a whole set would probably blow her mind.

Kimberly said...

So much fun!!! With Axel's birthday right after Christmas, I have a feeling Easter baskets might be a good excuse for presents we forgot! Like right now he wants a movie about Cars. So that's probably what he'll get in his basket :)

Kelly Mock said...

Love these ideas! So cute!

Lauren said...

love those nightgowns, but I have the same fear! And even if she actually changed her clothes, I fear we would have a meltdown every night that she couldn't wear a character nightgown.

Karina Marie Powell said...

So darling. Mia, you are one lucky girl!! - I need a girl!~

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!