Friday, June 19, 2015

happy 2.5 years to my love bug!

Our sweet, silly, loving, funny Mia turns two and a half tomorrow... TWO AND A HALF! Gosh, time really is flying. I remember the newborn days, when a week felt like the shortest, but longest week of my life, if that makes sense (anyone who's had a newborn gets me, right?!) and I never thought the day would come when Mia would turn a year old. But then I blinked and it's been two and a half years. Not fair! I can't complain too much though because life with Mia gets better with each passing month, and I wouldn't trade this stage of life with her for anything!

Mia girl, always wearing our shoes every chance she gets!
- Mia is just a little chatter box and I love it so much! It's so fun to be able to communicate with her and it's amazing to think how much she learns as each month passes! I really need to start recording her talking more!!
- She is so close to being able to recite (or sing) the ABC's in perfect order! She still pronounces "w" like this: "dug-a-doo" and it's my FAVORITE!
- Mia's imagination is really taking off! She's always been great at independent play, which I'm guessing takes some imagination if she's able to entertain herself with her toys :), but it's been really fun to actually hear her voice her imagination. One day she was playing in our backyard when I heard her yell "Ana! Spen!" and took off running. Our yard is quite large and I like to keep her in sight while I'm in the house so I called her back to my view. She came running up and said, "Ana! Spen! Where'd they go, momma?!" I asked, "are you chasing Ana and Spen?!" She got a huge smile and said, "YEP!" Sooooo cute :)
- She is obsessed with singing. I love noticing how much she's memorized when she sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABC's, parts of I Am a Child of God and more by herself. I could listen to that girl sing all day!
- A certain little 2 year old colored crayon on the wall for the first time. I can't help but laugh because she has quite the conscience! I discovered one line of purple on the wall and asked if she colored on the wall. "Yes! It's funny, momma!" Except I know she didn't think it was funny because she stopped after the one line, instead of making a whole masterpiece on the wall. She stopped once she noticed that it actually left a mark on the wall, then left it until she saw my reaction to find out if that was naughty or okay, ha! She did the same thing with fingernail polish.... she got a bottle open and painted one stroke on her toenail. As soon as she realized it actually worked, she brought the bottle in to me then showed me her toe (very proudly, but apprehensively as she was waiting for my reaction, ha ha) instead of continuing to paint her toes, her feet and the whole bathroom ;) 
- We have officially hit the "what's dat?!" phase! For the most part Mia is satisfied when I tell her what "dat" is and she repeats it once to me... but every once in awhile she gets fixated on asking what an object is over and over and over...
- Mia is mainly wearing 2T clothing but still fits in 12 and 18 month clothes! Size 6 shoes.
- She's wearing size 5 diapers and it doesn't look like we are getting rid of them anytime soon, ha! Which I'm totally okay with right now!   

19 comments:

Ashley Brickner said...

So sweet ... And I totally feel ya on the newborn thing! ;)

Happy 2.5, Mia!

P!nky said...

Happy 2.5 years, sweet MIA!!!!!! Too cute she told the truth about the crayon and the wall!

Jenn said...

Dug-a-doo!! I love it!!! That photo of her in the boots is PRECIOUS (wait, does she ever take a photo that isn't precious?? I dont think so! :) Happy 2.5 to little Mia!!!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Awwww happy 2.5 Mia!!! She is so stinkin adorable in those boots! Love that she's a little chatter box, so sweet! Glad to hear she didn't go too Picasso on the wall! That's funny she knew to stop to gauge your reaction! Happy Friday!

<3, Pamela
Sequins & Sea Breezes

Sara Holt said...

How do our babies get so big?! I can't even wrap my mind around it. I feel like it wasn't that long ago we were anxious for them to arrive!

Alycia said...

happy 2.5 years Mia. Palmer's is coming up next month too! I can't even believe it!

We had a recent colouring on the wall incident too...and she was too darn cute to get mad at! :)

Desiree Macke said...

How funny that Mia knows when she's done something she probably shouldn't. We haven't had any crayon/paint and wall episodes yet, but I know it's coming.
There is nothing more adorable the watching a little ones imagination run wild. It's just the best.
Happy 2.5 years to Mia!

BLovedBoston said...

Aww two and half - crazy how time flies!! I love that she sings - that just must be the most darling thing ever! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Erin LFF said...

YES! I'm demanding more Mia videos :) Her little voice and personality are too cute not to capture on film!

birdie to be said...

Aw so sweet! Love it all. So sweet to have that stuff all written down!

meandmr.com said...

She is getting so big!
Melanie @ meandmr.com

Evelina said...

She's so cute! I once drew "friends" for myself on the walls of my room. I guess I didn't want to play alone! Haha

allison_cooley3@hotmail.comson said...

Brylee does something similar when she sticks stuff in her mouth with out me knowing. She will immediately come over to me and say "mmm" and I have to get her to spit it out (she found gum balls on the floor of Target one day...) and I totally agree with the first week being the longest yet shortest! And then all of a sudden they are two!!

'Tis Our Life Blog

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

There's nothing more than I love more than hearing a sweet little toddler's voice. Do tape :)
Happy 2.5 sweet Mia!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

LOL I love the toenail polish story. That's the cutest thing EVER!!!!!

Annette said...

What an adorable age. I love how she says "dug-a-doo" for "W." Even now, at age six, my son still says aminals instead of animals. We don't correct him. Happy 2.5 years Mia!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

2.5! It is a pretty good age even if it does completely sneak up on you.

Brittany said...

Seriously, pretty please on the Mia videos! I'm putting in a special request to hear some singing. That would absolutely MELT my heart. She's so very precious!

Janna Renee said...

No flippin' way! She can't be two and a half...I was just looking at the picture you sent me of her in the shoes I sent her and can't believe how much she's grown! Thank you so much for the romper and Mia's drawing by the way! I gave you both a shout out on the blog today ;)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!