Thursday, July 23, 2015

playing catch up

Between sharing our Utah recap a couple weeks late, and now our weekend highlights a few days late (but hey, at least tomorrow is Friday, yay!) I'm totally on top of getting these blog posts out on time, ha ha!
  • Friday night ended on a good note when Eric came home from work a little bit early to take his girls to Dairy Queen! I'd been craving a blizzard for 2 weeks so that totally hit the spot! Great start to our weekend!
  • We were supposed to have some major storming all weekend long so I thought Saturday morning would be the perfect time to go enjoy the "snow day" at the Phoenix zoo. I thought the storms would bring a nice cool down... I was wrong! The storms didn't roll in until that afternoon so it was 100 (million) degrees that morning with 80% humidity. Freakin' miserable! But Mia had a lot of fun (along with the rest of Phoenix... I still have the small town mindset and didn't realize that the whole city would know about this event and show up as well, ha!)
  • We went to lunch at the Old Spaghetti factory and were lucky enough to sit up in their little train section. Mia kept looking out her "window" and getting so excited when we were still "eatin' in the TRAIN!" ha ha!
  • After lunch we went home and enjoyed a family nap- the best! The heat really sucked the life out of us that morning, ha ha! My nap was cut short due to the fierce nature of a short monsoon storm that ripped through our neighborhood. How Mia and Eric slept through it, I'll never know! When Eric woke up he was staring out the window into our backyard when I told him, "you missed the craziest storm during your nap!" His reply? "I know, it knocked the tree down!" (pictured below) I was shocked! The storm was no longer than 20 minutes but it brought a lot of damage in that short time. Welcome to Arizona monsoon season, ha!
  • Sunday was a relaxing day of church and taking it easy at home. 
  • Monday was another fun day! We started out at the pool and soaked up spending that time together! Mia loved having both mommy and daddy to take her down the slides and swim with!
  • After nap time we met up with friends to see the Minion movie! Call me old fashioned or lame, but I was not impressed! I totally didn't think this movie was very kid friendly. Thank goodness Mia is just young enough that most of the humor and gestures went over her head. It's not a movie we will be seeing again! (Seriously, why do they do that to kids movies?! Save it for the adults and quit advertising it for children!) We ended the night with dinner and Cold Stone. Bless that sweet husband of mine for indulging in my ice cream cravings and helping my back side to grow as big as my front side (baby bump) ha ha!

16 comments:

Jenn said...

80% humidity?? 80???? No thank you! Freaking miserable sounds right!
I love the Old Spaghetti Factory! There used to be one around here in VA when I was in HS but Ive yet to see it since actually moving here. So yum!
Mia looks like she was enjoying that waterslide! I feel cool and refreshed just looking at that photo!
Stay cool!!!

P!nky said...

That's a bummer about the movie not being for kids. Mia is just so cute!

emi said...

such a fun summer post and recap!

xo welltraveledwife.com

Unknown said...

I can't believe we missed the snow day at the zoo! That looks like so much fun, although I don't know if I could have handled the heat that long. Your daughter looks so cute in that first picture :) Xo, Kelly

BLovedBoston said...

How stinking cute is Mia...I feel like they make kid movies for adults too - mostly because it's over the kids heads, but the adults have fun too LOL!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

MakeMeUpMia said...

You look gorgeous in that dress!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Mia seems so fearless!! I love it!! I'm totally craving a blizzard now... thanks a lot!! I didn't realize that Phoenix got so humid!! That definitely stinks - we went to Dove Mountain over the 4th and the dry heat was the only reason I agreed to go in the summer! ;)

Courtney@PancakesandSparkles said...

I cannot imagine coping with that insane heat ever never mind coping with it whilst being pregnant. Mia looks like she had a blast at the pool, I can imagine that is all you are doing with the heat. I crave ice cream all the time and just reading about your ice cream trips are making my mouth water!

Brittany said...

I was so confused when I saw Mia holding snow! Haha...now I understand. That's a really cool idea for the zoo, but not when it's THAT HOT. My goodness. I'm clearly still a kid at heart because every time I go to the Old Spaghetti Factory, I hope that we get seated in the train and we NEVER HAVE! Dairy Queen and Coldstone sound amazing right about now. What kind of blizzard do you get?! I really want to see Minions, but I never even saw Despicable Me, so I wasn't sure what kind of humor to expect. It's strange that it's more adult humor because they definitely seem to be marketing to children! Time for another weekend! WOO!

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

ugh I hear ya on the heat and humidity. In a rare moment it was 91° and 90% humidity here in So cal on Sunday, so miserable! It was even too gross to go swimming... Looks like you had a great weekend with Eric being home!

Ashley said...

Snow in July! I thought that sounded really fun until I remembered it was outside. Haha. You guys are brave to visit the zoo in summer. We have a membership, but I just can't bring myself to visiting the zoo in this heat. Oh... and the slides in your pool look like so much fun!

Ashley Brickner said...

So hot, omg! I am ready for fall, too early?!!! Cute pics!

The Siberian American said...

Your bump is so adorable! Love that dress on you! That story about Mia and the train is so cute. :)

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

You look so cute mama!

Oh no, we are REALLY looking forward to the Minion movie. I hope that the girls love it.... that would be a huge disappointment for them.

Evelina said...

Snow in the summer in Arizona? Crazy! We get so much of it here during the wintertime that I make a huge effort to forget to word snow in the summer haha

tina bumblebee said...

Ahhh that water slide looks so fun!!!!! I want to take Lyla to a water park so bad but they're SOOOO expensive here. The cheapest one is like $50 a person. Our community or private pools here are just pools, nothing else. That Minions movie looked horrible, my mom took my daughter because I refused to see it haha. And my mom said it was pretty bad haha

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!