Tuesday, July 28, 2015

weekend highlights

This past weekend was such a good one! One that was full of simple fun and relaxing time. One where it feels like there really isn't anything to blog about, even though it was so good, but I'm still blogging about it because you know... documenting ;)
  • Friday night was a simple one (but it doesn't really count as part of the weekend anyway, does it? Between working that day and being exhausted from the whole week of work, not a lot really goes on anyway, ha!) Eric worked late so Mia and I enjoyed a movie night (or at least 30 minutes until bed time of that movie ;)) of Mulan. She is obsessed with swords so once she started talking about Mulan's sword, I knew why she chose that movie, ha ha! When Eric got home we enjoyed our own little date night in with ice cream and NCIS on Netflix :)
  • Saturday was a special day! My friend threw me a baby shower to celebrate baby boy! I have more details coming later this week! During the shower Eric took Mia on a little date and they had the best time! They got snacks, went to Cabela's, went to the outlets (where Mia got a new shirt because she spilled chocolate milk on the one she was wearing, and they picked out an outfit for baby brother. SO cute!) Mia loved telling me about all the animals she saw, plus she got to "ride" in a boat and on a four wheeler. Dates with daddy are way funner than dates with mommy, ha!
  • That night we ordered pizza and finished watching Mulan together. It was the perfect end to an amazing day, and so relaxing!
  • Sunday was spent at church and relaxing at home. Mia ended up waking up at 6:30am but we brought her into our bed, turned on a show and Eric and I continued to sleep in until 9am. NINE AM!! I seriously don't remember the last time I've done that. It was so needed as I haven't been sleeping good at night! So that's definitely worth documenting, ha!
  • Monday was another special day. Aside from the fact that we got another 3 day weekend with Eric (woo hoo!) we got to see baby brother again!! I didn't have another ultrasound after Mia's 20 week anatomy scan so this was super exciting to have one more with baby boy! We were able to see his features so much better (obviously, since he's developed so much more!) and it was so fun! Everything checked out normal which is always a relief to hear! I can't wait to see him next time, because next time we see him, he will be in my arms!
I'm so glad we were able to soak up one more 3 day weekend that was full of special little moments and lots of relaxing time because work is about to get super crazy for Eric again. Family time is just the best and we try to soak it all up, every chance we get!

15 comments:

P!nky said...

Cheers to a fun baby shower, can't wait to see pictures and hear more about all the fun. Mia is so stinking cute with her baby brother picture, I just can't with that smile :)!

Kelly Mock said...

I love that she picked an outfit out for lil bro! So sweet! What a sweet photo too!

Brittany said...

I love that Mia is into swords. She'll have a perfect partner-in-crime pretty soon! It's probably so special to share those ultrasound photos with her. I can't imagine how excited she must be! Hooray for long, relaxing weekends!

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

Aww cute picture!!! I slept until 9:30 on Sunday and that NEVER happens!!! I guess sometimes you just need to sleep!! :-) I'm glad that you had a nice weekend and I hope that you are feeling good too!! :-)

Jenn said...

How fun that they threw you a baby shower--can't wait to see all of the photos!!
Love that you guys got to sleep until 9am! I dont even do that and I dont have a toddler to blame on it! haha

Our Pretty Little Girls said...

Yay for 3 day weekends and just look at baby brothers sweet face. Oh my goodness he is going to be a cutie just like his sister :).

Ashley Brickner said...

Aw, his little face!!!!!! He will be in your arms so soon!

Courtney@PancakesandSparkles said...

Mia has such an cute smile! Such a sweet moment for Eric and Mia to pick an outfit for the baby, not to mention daddy and daughter time is the best. I always used to have more fun with my dad than my mum ha! Can't wait to hear more about the baby shower:)

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

Yay to a fun baby shower, can't wait to see the pictures. And you got the most amazing Ultrasound picture ever! So fun.

Erin LFF said...

So glad your friends threw you a lil shower- babies are always a reason to celebrate/party!! :)

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Yay for such a great weekend! I love how excited Mia is about being a big sister!!!

Evelina said...

Looks like you got some amazing shots of your little guy! So exciting!

tina bumblebee said...

Yay for 3 days weekends and a baby shower!!!!!! I can't wait to read the details later!!!

Mandie said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! I cannot wait to hear about your baby shower! I really cannot believe that you are so close to having baby boy...it really does seem like yesterday that you told us fellow bloggers that you were with child. :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend! And yes, Daddy Dates always seem to be more fun that mommy dates. Why is it that daddies get to be the cool fun ones? I'm glad you all were able to enjoy some time together and that you are able to get lots of rest too. Nine in the morning is amazing!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!